Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions for improvement from low to high 160s

ninaqomninaqom Alum Member
edited June 2014 in General 26 karma
Hi, I currently am prepping with fully 5-section timed in 161, and I am registering for the June LSAT in Asia. I am for a 167. In my timed section when I did them separately a in early May, I got high 160s low 170s consistently. I then stopped for 2 weeks for my finals and resumed again since late May after my exams. From then I started with full timed tests of late 50s-early 60s tests and got 161 in all those tests. I tried to drill into each sections but my scores do not seem to rise at all. LG used to be my best section where I got -0,-2 consistently in the 40s tests, but now I can't seem to get it off the -5,-4 level due to either I misread a rule or I make silly mistakes with inferences. RC is my worse section where I got -4 at my best if I do individual sections. LR is also erratic as I often got -2.-3 in May, and also in J07 test which I did as a full test rather than diagnosis, but now my best is usually -5. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve points in my case? Would it be wise for me to postpone the test till Sep if I don't see major improvement in the next week? (My test will be late June, ie 2 weeks from now)

Thank you in advance for your help. Hope you all did brilliantly for the June test!

Comments

• GraceloverGracelover Alum Member
    440 karma
    Yes, I think you should postpone. That's what I did. Here is what I did for LR which really worked for me: I went through all of my old practice tests, cut out all the answers I got wrong, and either in 7sage's comment section(if there was a video available on that particular question I got wrong) or in a word document, I would write out why I picked the wrong answer, why it is wrong, why the other wrong answers I was attracted to but ultimately did not pick was wrong, and why the right answer I didn't pick was right.
    I wrote out these answers as if I was explaining the right answer to someone who was just starting to learn the LSAT. My LR score shot through the roof after that. Have you done any of that? Blind Review of LR really helps too.
  • ninaqomninaqom Alum Member
    26 karma
    Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try out the method and hopefully will male some progress by Sep exam:)