Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I do all the problem sets in a unit before moving on?

skempinsskempins Alum Member
edited June 2014 in General 20 karma
Hi there,

I don't want to waste the problem sets so I can return to them later, but I want to make sure I'm getting the most out of them. How many problem sets should I do before moving on to the next lesson?

I'm sorry if this was answered elsewhere, but I couldn't see the answer anywhere!

Thanks!

Comments

• danielledanielle Free Trial Member
    43 karma
    I don't think so. I'd rather do about half of them, and see how I do. Then, if I do poorly, I can print out the rest immediately, but if I do well, I can go back and practice more. The later weeks have you doing almost exclusively prep tests, but I'd like to have a few new things to look at to work on specific skills.
  • skempinsskempins Alum Member
    20 karma
    Great, thanks that helps a lot! Do you (or anyone else) have a certain score on the problem sets you make sure you get before moving on to the next lesson and saving the other problem sets for later? For example, say I got eight out of ten right on problem set three for weakening questions, but six out of ten right on set four?
  • danielledanielle Free Trial Member
    43 karma
    I don't have a specific score, personally. If I get only 2 or 3 wrong out of the 45 questions I work on understanding why I got those specific questions wrong, then move on. Usually it is something like "except" that tripped me up - basically, me being an idiot under time pressure. I would think it's an incredibly personal decision.
  • skempinsskempins Alum Member
    20 karma
    Thanks so much for your help, Danielle! It sounds like what I've been doing... If I get a few wrong but I do blind review and understand them after I work through them, I move on to the next. Glad to know I'm on track :)