Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does applying twice look?

LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
edited April 2016 in Law School Admissions 1024 karma
Thinking about applying with my current scores however I am 99% sure I want to take a year off and re-apply with better numbers. How is it looked upon if I do apply now and don't get in or get an offer I would accept and re-apply the next year?

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    Don't worry about it, they won't care. They understand things happen and people push going to school back. People do it all the time just to be able to apply early on to hope for a better cycle, even without retaking over the gap
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    I read on TLS that some schools don't like it when you apply, get accepted, turn it down, and then re-apply the following year. I would go ahead and apply both cycles, just to see where you can get in on with your current numbers and so you can try and figure out your application weaknesses (not just LSAT or GPA scores). If you get into a school you'd be really interested in attending, ask to defer until next year and then next cycle try to use your new LSAT score to negotiate for money.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    I doubt it would look bad If you apply, they reject you, and you reapply. In the other scenario, you may have the option to defer matriculation. Some schools will allow you to push your start date by a year.
    There are a few articles online that discuss this. Here's one:
    https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/deferring.cfm