Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

September Blind Review Group: Run off edition

Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
in Study Groups 27821 karma
Thanks so much to everyone who participated in our Sept BR polls! At this point we've got more votes than people who have expressed interested, so I feel confident the vote is in! We didn't reach much of a consensus on most items, so one more round of runoff voting and we should have everything nailed down and can release the official schedule. So here's the new polls, and as always, please feel free to tag anyone I missed or who you think might be interested.
@bjphillips5 @jennilynn89 @Skywalker @MrSamIam @Mitzyyyy @ericbarocio @nader.parham @Omed_OvO @learn2225 @lenelson2 @radsay @jessicalj @johanna.ea.greenberg @Mookittyy @kylereinhard @LostInLawLawLand @lois.s.ahn @jimenezja.jj @180pronto @CocoZhang @sweetsecret @LSATKingsman @katherine.t @kokobazooka @TheGreatRaymondo @nasphill @kelseyLV @"Purple Paris" @"Will Giron" @"Jonathan W." @"Jeong P." @"Keane Xavier"
September BR Group Runoffs
  1. Start Date: This one was all over the place, so I just eliminated the earliest and latest dates40 votes
    1. Week of 4/18
      25.00%
    2. Week of 4/25
      75.00%
  2. What days? We have a consensus for Sunday! That leaves our weekday options:40 votes
    1. Wednesday
      62.50%
    2. Thursday
      37.50%
  3. Weekday Time (Central)40 votes
    1. 6pm
      37.50%
    2. 8pm
      62.50%
  4. Sunday Time40 votes
    1. Morning
      47.50%
    2. Evening
      52.50%

Comments

• MookittyyMookittyy Member
    167 karma
    If we start 6pm central, I will effectively be forced out of this group. If people are able to do 8pm at all, would really appreciate the vote there! Cookies for all.
  • 180pronto180pronto Free Trial Member
    58 karma
    Just to double check, is PT 37-77 all that we will need for the group?
  • jessicaljjessicalj Alum Member
    172 karma
    @Mookittyy Same here, fellow Vancouverite so -2 hours -> conflicts with work etc.
    @180pronto Seems to be the plan based on @bjphillips5's schedule: https://7sage.com/discussion#/discussion/comment/37263
  • CocoZhangCocoZhang Alum Member
    476 karma
    I really hope it's going to be Sunday Morning + Thursday Evening, because that's only combination that can fit my schedule in UAE time. We'll see how this turns out.
    476 karma
    Sunday Morning + Thursday Evening, please
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited April 2016 27821 karma
    Yeah, I’m all about some Thursday @CocoZhang . Since that’s the weekday, it’ll give us one extra day to get our shit together while we’re handling the rest of our lives on top of LSAT.
    27821 karma
    @180pronto yes, I believe those are the tests we are going to run through. Dig the new Leo avatar, btw.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    YEEEES! Glad we've got the ball rolling!
  • jennilynn89jennilynn89 Alum Member
    822 karma
    Maybe we'd be able to somehow split this BR group in half?
    8 pm central time during the week just isn't feasible for this east-coaster. :( I get up around 5/530 am during the week, so I am usually in bed by 10. This would only give me about an hour of study time with the BR group (if this is what you are all settling on).
    Will there be another BR group available beside this one with different times?
  • 180pronto180pronto Free Trial Member
    58 karma
    Marrrrrrrvv is not bad either @"Cant Get Right"
    167 karma
    @jennilynn89 Yikes, that's an early wake-up call. For your sake, I support this idea (since it looks like the majority is now on 8pm central). Would be good for east coasters that can't stay up late and prefer the earlier meeting time.

As for this group, looks like I got 2.5 weeks to get through as much curriculum as I can.
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    Sunday morning = ya'll are CRAZY
    167 karma
    @LSATKingsman Not crazier than a Saturday 8:30am LSAT. :P
    edited April 2016 476 karma
    @LSATKingsman I think 10AM Sunday morning is very reasonable... As the test will also be in the morning. But as I am currently working in UAE, Sunday morning 10 AM will allow me to join you guys because that's the Sunday evening time for me (Sunday is a workday here).

For your workday evening meetings, I have to get up at 5AM :D That's even crazier.
  • jimenezja.jjjimenezja.jj Alum Member
    187 karma
    @jennilynn89 we are on the same boat. I start work at 6:00 AM. I'm in bed by 9:30 PM :(
    822 karma
    @jimenezja.jj @Mookittyy Maybe we can try and figure out if more people are on the same boat and we can make another thread with times that work for us East-coasters? I know @DumbHollywoodActor and other Tutors on here lead different BR reviews, so maybe they'll be able to make one work for us?
    It'll take me about three weeks or so to get through the rest of the curriculum, but I'm up for starting the BR group really whenever works for most.
    27821 karma
    Would 7pm be any better East Coast?
  • MaritzaaMaritzaa Alum Member
    368 karma
    That would be 8 ET, correct? if so, yesssssss! @"Cant Get Right"
    27821 karma
    Yes, that's 8 eastern @Mitzyyyy . Sucks having to convert huh? Welcome to my world.
  • jessicaljjessicalj Alum Member
    172 karma
    Don't know what hours other West Coasters work but I would not be off by 5pm (or even 6pm) PT. Might end up joining you on weekends only.
    476 karma
    8 ET wouldn't work for me also. Wonder if we can split.
  • time_to_gotime_to_go Alum Member
    edited April 2016 276 karma
    I can't tell my preference yet because I'm planning to join you guys in May/June. I'll probably join one of the two groups (if you guys do split) that can fit my schedule in Korea time :)

And I have a question about how BR works. Do I take the test, BR on my own, join the BR group AND THEN watch the videos? If I watch the videos before the BR group day, I would know which answers I got wrong and so on.
  • lois.s.ahnlois.s.ahn Member
    43 karma
    @"Purple Paris" I'm also studying for the LSAT in Korea! Good to know that a fellow LSATer is around :)
    27821 karma
    Hey @"Purple Paris" yes, I think that's the best way to do it.
    822 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" 8 PM ET would work for me, since it would give me two hours before bed-time! How long do these BR group sessions usually run for?
    27821 karma
    About 2 hours @jennilynn89 !
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    @"Purple Paris" I'm planning on PTing beginning June bc I'm still going through the curriculum and I want to make sure I have gotten through all the material before PTing. So I am just going to join the BR group for the tests that I can make :)
    822 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" perfect! If we could do 8 PM ET would be perfect for me then! Hope this all works out for the majority of the people on here!
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    Hey guys--how would you all feel about getting started PT'ing in the next couple of weeks? It looks like almost all of the June people have jumped ship to September.
    276 karma
    @"lois.s.ahn" Oh yayyyyyyy! :) Are you applying to American schools?!
    276 karma
    @"sweetsecret" I'm like half done w/the curriculum. Hope I can come to the full realization one day that I can move on to PTing! Let's master the fundamentals & cheers you too :)
    167 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    Hey guys--how would you all feel about getting started PT'ing in the next couple of weeks?
    Personally, I am not ready to start PTing until 2-3 weeks from now.
    27821 karma
    Hey y'all, just wanted to give everyone an update:

So we are working to restructure the whole approach to group BR to do away with the test specific groups. So instead of the Sept BR Group, we are going to proceed as THE BR Group. This will work better to accommodate folks at all levels of LSAT prep and make it a more inclusive process. So bear with us, we should have a finalized schedule soon!
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" very exciting!
  • QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ Alum Member
    26 karma
    Count me in!! Aussie here that will take june as well which will just be a PT rehearsal for the big day in sept. :)))
    167 karma
    Wasn't today supposed to be the first day? What happened?
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited April 2016 12637 karma
    @Mookittyy said:
    Wasn't today supposed to be the first day? What happened?
    I think the schedule is still being thought out? I may be wrong. See above.
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Hey y'all, just wanted to give everyone an update:

So we are working to restructure the whole approach to group BR to do away with the test specific groups. So instead of the Sept BR Group, we are going to proceed as THE BR Group. This will work better to accommodate folks at all levels of LSAT prep and make it a more inclusive process. So bear with us, we should have a finalized schedule soon!
    27821 karma
    @Mookittyy, the first session will be PT 46 on May 1st. Nicole posted a link to a google calendar. I think I tagged you in it, but the thread is "br group calendar now available" if you missed it. They're also doing the 70s over the next few weeks.
    167 karma
    Ah, ok, that's weird - I did not receive a notification for that tag.
    27821 karma
    That is weird @Mookittyy . Hopefully that was just a one time glitch..