Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now that that the LG bundle is gone...

MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
in General 2086 karma
Now that the LG bundles have been removed from all sites (I think), how are you all drilling and fool proofing LG? I'm thinking about photocopying the LG sections from PTs 1-35, drilling them randomly, and fool proofing accordingly.
Should of just purchased the bundle when I had the chance :(!

Comments

• allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    I know, it's the worst. Terrible use of your precious study time, but this is what I did as well - I had all the books, took them to the copy place, and hand copied each game (with lots of extras for practice/drilling).
    I also did this with the bulk of my PTs. At one point it was taking up so much time I decided to ask the copy shop if I could pay someone to do it - they said yes and then later realized they couldn't. Apparently, if I were to distribute the copies they made for me, they could be liable? Anyway, I got to know all the employees quite well. I guess copying the LG bundle shouldn't take forever... but I think it's your best option.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @allison.gill.sanford Thanks so much, Allison! Most of the copy shops I've been to would also reject that offer, haha. I don't mind spending some time photocopying them, especially if it means a nice little boost in my overall score.
    How exactly did you drill and fool proof them? Did you go in some type of order?
    1128 karma
    @MrSamIam I followed JY's instructions to foolproof the games, and also used Pacifico's method:
    https://7sage.com/discussion#/discussion/2737
    I had to drill most games more than Pacifico did, so I scaled up from 4 times each to closer to 7-10, depending on the game. I kept track of my drills with attempt #, time, and the number wrong. Once I got at or ideally below JY's target time, I would put the game aside.
    In terms of order, I foolproofed the games in the core curriculum from the problem sets first, then went back to t he whole bundle and more of less did it sequentially (though I skipped some of the weird early games and came back to most of them later). Hope that helps!
    2086 karma
    @allison.gill.sanford Thank you, that helps a ton! I'm going to have to review both J.Y.'s video and Pacifico's post. Decided to take a day off from studying today - incredibly tired for some reason. So, I guess it's time to start photocopying those games...
  • noobie1noobie1 Member
    266 karma
    This is probably less than ideal but I just use the question bank for drilling the earlier logic games. I have a large notebook filled with game boards. Once I'm finished drilling earlier LG sections, I'll go back to paper PT exams.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    edited April 2016 1762 karma
    I've tried printing full sections, it's nice but I dont have much room for a huge stack of papers. For the past few months I've just been using a handy dandy eraser when I fool proof right in the 10 actuals.http://www.staples.com/Pentel-Hi-Polymer-Latex-Free-Eraser/product_SS998232 I visit each section randomly and I do all my work in loose blank paper and just lightly circle the answer in the book. I try and get the answer on my own before I look at the choices. Most of the time the eraser works really good but if I can still see an erased circle, I have to be real with myself and I (quickly) understand why an answer is right or wrong. After a few times of foolproofing, the erased slashes and circles all look the same anyway lol so it gets more difficult to see what you previously answered. I keep track of game progress at the bottom of the page in the book. I keep track of the section in a post-it note and stick it in front of the section. I pay extra attention the to the games I had difficulty with and redrill those. At the end of the week I recycle my game pile.
  • katherine.tkatherine.t Alum Member
    101 karma
    To save paper and still get it done, I got some page protectors, and fine tip dry erase markers.
    Make a double-sided copy of each game and slide that ish into a page protector.
    Front is where you do the drilling in dry erase. Back side has all the inferences and answers in pencil. I used Pacifico's log sheet to chart my time after each rep.
    Aint nobody got time to print out 10 clean copies.
    Blind ambition baby. Blind ambition.
  • Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma
    @katherine.t that is genius!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    If you've got the time, there's nothing like the real thing. Clean copies on paper with pencil. It will take awhile though. If you're short on time, @katherine.t 's method sounds like a really smart alternative. Good thinking KT.
    edited April 2016 2086 karma
    Thanks everyone! I see a ton of great suggestions.
    @"Cant Get Right" I think that's how I'm going to go about it. So far, I have been printing around 6 copies for each LG. I usually fool proof the games in 3-5 runs. So, I figured 6 should be plenty...and I could always print more!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Just save the last print out to copy if you're going to need more! Much easier than the books!
    2086 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" Way ahead of you, haha. Thanks for the advice!
    1128 karma
    @katherine.t that's a great idea!!
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    edited April 2016 3197 karma
    I also used on of the apps that converts pictures to PDFs and I am lucky enough to have a tablet I can write on, so I go through them that way. with the app, you can print them, or I just write on them on my computer screen. It still is going to take a bit of work now that they are gone.

@katherine.t idea works well! I did that early on before I bought the game bundles also used it for the RC bundles from Cambridge.
    2086 karma
    @stepharizona That's what I used to do when I had a tablet I could write on. Tried it on an ipad mini...didn't go so well!
    Thanks again, everyone!
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma
    Sometimes I think that lawyers, law students, and prospective law students (collectively) are the only people who are keeping Kinko's in business.