Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long should you PT for?

LSATPuppyLSATPuppy Alum Member
edited June 2014 in General 82 karma
After going through the 7Sage course, how many months should I spend working on practice tests, blind reviewing them and going over my weaknesses etc.?

Comments

• FryBreadfruitFryBreadfruit Live Member
    120 karma
    I would love the answer to this questions too
  • vandyzachvandyzach Free Trial Member
    358 karma
    I emphatically second what Jason said. Do NOT put yourself on a timeframe.

First of all, you don't know how fast you will improve. You may improve faster than you expected or more slowly than you expected. Secondly, life happens, and when it does, it throws curveballs into our plans. And I don't plan on getting philosophical, so I'll stop there :)
  • LSATPuppyLSATPuppy Alum Member
    82 karma
    Thanks everyone. Would any of you recommend retaking old PTs as well? What's the strategy with that?
  • CFC152436CFC152436 Alum Member
    284 karma
    Two things:

1. That puppy is adorable.

2. In terms of taking a full-length practice test, I think using the old PT's can be kind of tricky. You want a full PT to be completely new to you, and since a lot of study materials use old questions, sometimes you run into questions you've already seen. With that in mind, I think the usual recommendation is to use PT's 1-39 for practice and drilling (Cambridge's drilling packets are extremely useful) and PT's 40-72 for full-length tests.
  • vandyzachvandyzach Free Trial Member
    358 karma
    CFC's advice is pure gold.

I would like to add that old PTs come in handy BETWEEN PTs. For example, I just took PT 40 and missed 4 flaw in the reasoning questions (How does that even happen!). So, before my next PT, I am going to drag out the old questions, find some hard flaw questions (Cambridge is great for this) and drill them slowly, breaking the arguments down and seeing EXACTLY what the flaw is and seeing EXACTLY what each answer choice means. Some of those little boogers are so close to being right, but they're so, so wrong (as JY said in one of his blog posts).