Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where you going?

jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
So where does it look like everyone will be come August? Granted there is still some time before things become totally official but most of us should have a decent idea by now.
So far it is looking like Notre Dame for me, though it's not official yet

Comments

• Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    Northwestern Pritzker, which means I need to buy a coat and some full-length pants. Not much need for those here in Dallas.
  • quinnxzhangquinnxzhang Member
    611 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    Not much need for those here in Dallas.
    I'm from Dallas, but work in NYC. Dallas honestly had a colder winter this year than NYC did!
  • nickott10nickott10 Free Trial Member
    39 karma
    Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law (Indianapolis)
    4344 karma
    @quinnxzhang said:
    I'm from Dallas, but work in NYC. Dallas honestly had a colder winter this year than NYC did!
    I lived in NYC for 3 years and NJ for 4. Dallas winters win 10/10 times :D
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma
    liquor store.
    4344 karma
    @"Jonathan Wang" said:
    liquor store.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    @nickott10 said:
    Indiana University
    youll be a few hours south of me
  • shizuokatwin379shizuokatwin379 Alum Member
    95 karma
    I applied late so I am still actually waiting on a few schools, but as of right now it's a toss up between Wash u, Michigan, Texas, and Georgetown.
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    W&L
  • joshuafjones22joshuafjones22 Alum Member
    64 karma
    Georgia State
  • Artwork94Artwork94 Free Trial Member
    edited April 2016 140 karma
    UConn or Cardozo as of now..Waiting on a few/Riding out BC BU waitlists...
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Loyola Law
  • cahunt5221cahunt5221 Alum Member
    47 karma
    University of Virginia School of Law, extremely excited and owe it all to the fine people here.
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    456 karma
    Received 24k per year from SMU and made my decision in a heart beat. Spending $549 for the LSAT ultimate is one of the best decisions I've ever made. It literally saved me $72,000. Talk about a solid return on investment!!! This place is special. Congrats to everyone else! Glad to see some 7sagers crack the t14.
    4344 karma
    Just got $90,000 from Northwestern right off the bat with a 2.74/170. Miracles do happen y'all :D
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    That's incredible!
    2654 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    Just got $90,000 from Northwestern right off the bat
    my buddy got that too, similar-ish stats I think, between there and UVA atm
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Nice! Congratulations!
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    Just got $90,000 from Northwestern right off the bat with a 2.74/170. Miracles do happen y'all :D
    That's super awesome! Congratulations!
  • hazelnut13hazelnut13 Alum Member
    244 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    Congrats, Nicole! That is truly amazing. I wish you all the best at Northwestern & thanks for contributing so much to this community.
    2654 karma
    well Notre Dame is official for me, deposited the other day... soooo is it August yet?
    27809 karma
    Congrats!
  • edited April 2016 37 karma
    I'm staying in state (Florida State University) but am looking into the possibility of transferring. Does anyone know if top 20 schools would take my scores from the June administration into consideration, even though I wouldn't have applied with them this cycle?

(Taking the test again to get more $$$ from my school)
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    jfc on the 90k @"Nicole Hopkins" you really earned it though, mama! <3 southern girls doin our thang, y'all ;)
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    edited April 2016 1654 karma
    Penn
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    edited April 2016 578 karma
    @riveras.jonathan Woohoo, go 'Noles! I did my undergrad there and FSU is awesome. Whether you stay or transfer, I hope you enjoy the experience!
    1706 karma
    @alexandergreene93 said:
    Penn
    WOOOOOOOOOAH CONGRATS BUDDY. You earned it!
  • LoraxManLoraxMan Alum Member
    180 karma
    Tossup b/w NYU and Berkeley. Leaning towards Berkeley w/aid offer. Sending good vibes to all those 3x LSAT takers out there.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @BruiserWoods said:
    WOOOOOOOOOAH CONGRATS BUDDY. You earned it!
    Thanks!
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    Such a happy thread! I love that this is a place where we celebrate each other's hard work and accomplishments.
    I decided on Harvard. Feel like I'm in a dream right now - as a west coaster my whole life, Harvard didn't even seem like a real place where real people go, but I'm so excited for the possibilities there and have been connecting with other public interest students who are really satisfied with the support offered. No grades is another upside, and I will take an annoying selfie with a SCOTUS member in the background the first time I see someone who fits that description.
    27809 karma
    Nice! Congrats @allison.gill.sanford ! Can't wait to see the SCOTUS pic!
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    @allison.gill.sanford That's awesome - congrats! That's a total dream come true
    1706 karma
    @allison.gill.sanford in all seriousness I live in Boston and work in Harvard Square. I'm actually looking at HLS out the window as we speak. Lmk if you need any help settling in or advice on anything around here. I'm from Louisiana, but I've lived here about 2 years.

Also - conratufreakinlations and I hope to join you in a year!! :)
  • kombuchakombucha Alum Member
    202 karma
    @allison.gill.sanford so happy for you, congratulations allison!!!! <3
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited April 2016 6866 karma
    @allison.gill.sanford congrats! i may be sending several of my students to Harvard this year as well if you want some friends...
    2481 karma
    @allison.gill.sanford said:
    I decided on Harvard. Feel like I'm in a dream right now
    Congratulations on Harvard! I live in the Boston suburbs, feel free to ask any questions you might have about the area. It's definitely different from the west coast :-)
  • jboy1727jboy1727 Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    Does anyone have any comments on practicing law in New Mexico versus Indiana? I live in Indiana but considering going to a warmer climate. Not set on any state well minus the fact that I have roots as a Hoosier. Any thoughts would be helpful!
    4344 karma
    @jboy1727 said:
    practicing law in New Mexico
    I hope this isn't based on BCS or Breaking Bad ...

Have you been to NM?
    27809 karma
    NM is beautiful. Lots of tumbleweeds around Grants. Never seen so many tumbleweeds before or since.
  • UsernameChangeUsernameChange Free Trial Member
    349 karma
    *Insert obligatory GO NOLES!* Since someone mentioned FSU up there^
  • quinnxzhangquinnxzhang Member
    611 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:

I hope this isn't based on BCS or Breaking Bad ...
    The thing that boggles my mind about Better Call Saul is that he gets hired as the equivalent of a 4th year associate in a NM law firm, but gets a company car, personal assistant, spacious personal office, and his own fancy desk! In a story about meth and cartels and shady legal practices and whatnot, I find this to be the most unbelievable aspect!
    1128 karma
    Thanks everyone! @BruiserWoods let me know when you're applying!! You just gotta go kill the June administration, which you will!!
    @"Jonathan Wang" yeah feel free to connect me to your students! I will definitely need new friends... @runiggyrun thanks for the offer, I'm asking around about housing in particular so PM me if you have input about how to be close to campus but not pay astronomical rent...
    1706 karma
    @allison.gill.sanford said:
    not pay astronomical rent...
    youll come to realize this term is v relative *laughcries*
    1128 karma
    And I thought Seattle was bad... I can't imagine the jump from Louisiana rent...
    27809 karma
    I know there’s a cool little tea house, but that’s all I’ve got for you @allison.gill.sanford . I’m going to be in Boston late June/early July and am looking forward to poking around!
    2481 karma
    "Astronomical rent" is definitely a relative term. I used to live in La Jolla, CA, so I thought Cambridge area rents were actually very reasonable, especially if you're willing to be a bus/subway ride away from Harvard Sq. They would still count as "astronomical" by most normal standards though....
    edited April 2016 27809 karma
    Yeah, housing down south is incredible. My house in south MS was 800/month for three bedrooms, in a highly desirable historic neighborhood. I don't know where I’m going yet, but wherever it is, I get the feeling rent is going to really suck!
    456 karma
    Paying $700 per month for a 1 bedroom apartment in Dallas. Safe neighborhood, no bugs (albeit older building), but still. Will split rent with my gf 50-50 while in school to boot. Can't beat the cost of living down south.
    4344 karma
    @GordonBombay said:
    Paying $700 per month for a 1 bedroom apartment in Dallas. Safe neighborhood, no bugs (albeit older building), but still. Will split rent with my gf 50-50 while in school to boot. Can't beat the cost of living down south.
    Key factor here is splitting the rent 50/50 ;) Ain't nobody got that kind of cheap rent solo in Big D unless you're on the wrong side of Ross Ave!
    456 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" LOL. Would be thoroughly terrified to lease anywhere in DFW that charged $350 per month rent.