Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retaking in September

Mattie212Mattie212 Alum Member
edited July 2014 in September 2014 LSAT 51 karma
Congratulations to everyone who took the June 2014 LSAT! I sincerely hope that you all get the scores you want.

I, on the other hand, opened my email a few minutes ago and was disappointed to see that my score was far below the PT average I had during the last few weeks of studying, which means I'll be retaking in September. Unfortunately, I only have 7 untouched practice tests left so I'm unsure of what it will look like to study for a retake. Does anyone have any experience with this or plan to do this for September? Just not sure when/how to start studying again so any advice is appreciated!

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2014 3658 karma
    You got this!
  • shanalor1234shanalor1234 Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    In the same boat as you Mattie212. Only used 7sage for LG study but thinking of signing up for the full online course now and just pushing through for September (also looking for thoughts and advice on this!) and most importantly saving the little unused PTs I have left wisely. I think the most important thing is to move forward with a positive outlook.
  • MsAnniePMsAnnieP Alum Member
    11 karma
    Idk if I'd sign up for a full-blown course and give someone hundreds/thousands of dollars to repeat what 7Sage has taught us for a lot less money.

What I would recommend (and what has helped me*) is buy a couple of the Powerscore books ONLY for the practice questions in the sections you don't excel at. They don't explain concepts as well as JY, so I've only been answering the sample LSAT questions they include while skipping their other confusing mumbo-jumbo.

Have you bought any of the (many) LSAC PrepTest books? Those are awesome and that way you'd have more than just seven tests left. You could either take one/two each week or break some tests up and practice the sections separately. (One day/week: LR, the next, Games, and so on.)

Hope any of that helps and don't give up! Take a few days off to decompress and get a feel for where you didn't do so well at, and then come back again after the holiday ready to kick that LSAT's a$$ :D!

*I haven't taken the LSAT yet, meaning ^that^ is what I've been doing to prep for my first time (also in Sep!).
  • sweetcheeks_321sweetcheeks_321 Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    I am also in the same situation as Mattie212. I have still not over my June LSAT score. I have taken a prep course before and studied on my own. Perhaps, a group study might work and also focus on your weak areas as well.
  • ONuellaOONuellaO Alum Member
    210 karma
    I would say you should redo your old ones… starting from the oldest you wrote to the newest and write the 7 fresh ones you have have once a week till the test. I would start at the 40’s and use tests before the 40’s to practise on particular areas, even if you’re familiar with them. You learn from your familiar ones because you know what you’re still having problems with as well as teaching you to fine tune the parts you’re good at or not sure of. Also, There are 72 tests, the beauty of the LSAT is that chances are you won’t really remember every question you did.
  • shanalor1234shanalor1234 Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    @MsAnnieP I was talking about taking a full 7sage course as I've only gotten help for LG from 7sage before. Are you/ have you taken the course? What are your thoughts? Thanks!
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Mattie... re focus on your weak points... do a blind review of all the tests that you have done and redo some of the old tests... contrary to popular belief, redoing tests only makes you better at understanding the nuances... yes reading comp probably does not fit into that but LG and LR sure do... then answer the new tests before your retake... if you have not done the 10 out of print tests (by Cambridge LSAT) and the LSAT Superprep, those might be full length tests worth taking for practice... best of luck for the retake...
  • polsckenpolscken Alum Member
    199 karma
    Mattie, checking out The LSAT Trainer is worth your time. JY's approach to LR is exceptional, but so is the approach given in the trainer. Check it out on Amazon.
  • wendelsr-1wendelsr-1 Alum Member
    111 karma
    I would also use the LSAT analyzer on this site and enter your last 10 PT or so and focus on those areas you are weakest in, using the Cambridge LSAT packs divided by question type. That way you can really work on the specific areas you need help in before moving on to retaking PTs.
  • selinaselina Alum Member
    73 karma
    wendelsr-1 where can I locate the LSAT analyzer?