Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Larry Law Law & other law school prep courses

Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
in General 1196 karma
Just curious if anyone has taken or heard reviews of any of the law school prep courses out there? If it is worth it & if those that have taken them found it to be helpful during 1L?

Also are any others considering taking one before starting school in August?

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @"Nilesh S" took Larry's course before he moved it to his own site, he'll probably have feedback for you.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    I grabbed his course when it first came available this year but have only got through the initial part (mainly getting you in the right mindset and tips about how you want to go about LS) It definitely seemed solid but it wasn't anything surprising, you can see some of his videos from when he has his 7sage course over on youtube to get a little feel of it. Can't give too much more feedback than that as I haven't gotten too far yet #slacker
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Thanks @"Dillon A. Wright" & @"jdawg113". Hopefully @"Nilesh S" or some of the others with experience with it will respond.
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    Cannot say much about the course, but a friend of mine who is in law school now told me not to miss "Getting to maybe" and "1L of a ride". They can be found on amazon for pretty cheap.

Wishing you the best for your law school journey!!!
    1196 karma
    Thank you so much @notwilliamwallace
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    Law courses: I am also enrolled in Larry Law Law's course, but I haven't gotten very far yet. So far I feel like he's provided a lot of useful information. The other online course I know of is the "Law Student's Toolkit" on Coursera, but I started it and didn't like it very much. There's also the BARBRI Law Preview, but I've heard mixed reviews about it.

Books: I read "1L of a Ride" and didn't find it too useful: I felt like 95% of the advice was obvious. Just started reading "Getting to Maybe" and it seems promising.

Hope that's helpful!
    1196 karma
    Thanks so much @mes08.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    i prefer Ticket to Ride
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    Yes someone please give us some feedback on Larry Law
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    So I didn't use Larry's course actively in that I did not send my answers to him to evaluate... but I did use all of his methods... and I would have done MUCH worse without them than with them... I was given free access because of 7sage... and a lot of his advice makes plenty of sense... get a great idea of the law from before hand... tune it to your profs requirements and answer exams from day one... that is what it is all about... do that and you will be fine.... you will likely end up more towards the top of the pile than towards the bottom.
    1196 karma
    Hi @"Nilesh S" did you follow his advice to not write case briefs? Do you think that is good advise? Do you have any other suggestions or recommendations?
    Thanks
  • nibs7985nibs7985 Member
    100 karma
    @Sheri123 said:
    Hi @"Nilesh S" did you follow his advice to not write case briefs? Do you think that is good advise? Do you have any other suggestions or recommendations?
    @"Nilesh S" I'm also curious to know this. I've heard so much conflicting advice.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @"Nilesh S" is a good man aka 100% against briefing cases.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    Except I think even Larry says to brief cases your first week but never thereafter.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    Except I think even Larry says to brief cases your first week but never thereafter.
    Yes, I think that's exactly what he said in a recent video I watched.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Hey guys...sorry for not replying earlier... but @Sheri123 and @nibs7985 , @"Nicole Hopkins" is 100% right... I'm totally against briefing cases... its a HUGE time sink...
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @"Nilesh S" said:
    I did use all of his methods... and I would have done MUCH worse without them than with them...
    Good to know. I picked up the course last year, but have delayed it because of putting off school.
    1196 karma
    Thanks so much @"Nilesh S" that is very helpful!