Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a way to know the difficulty of a particular PT?

Edmond.DantesEdmond.Dantes Alum Member
in General 155 karma
Just took PT62 and think I got clobbered. Was curious if that's a particularly hard PT but couldn't find any PT ratings on 7Sage.

I know 7Sage has difficulty ratings/student comments for individual questions, but not sure if these exist for PTs.

Comments

• Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2016 1650 karma
    Unfortunately 7sage doesn't have a rankings system for whole PTs. Theoretically, they should all be of the same difficultly since it's a standardized test. However there are certainly some that are harder than others and opinions about that will vary from person to person.

Basically, it all comes down to whether the test asks questions geared to your individual strengths and weaknesses.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    To add to @"Ron Swanson"'s explanation - any objective difference in difficulty between PT's is theoretically accounted for in the grading curve for that particular PT. PT 62 has a generous curve, so the questions are likely slightly more difficult than average. If you read TLS there are countless threads where some people swear it's been their worst PT ever, and some claim they got their first ever 180 on it because the curve allowed for -4 for a 180.
    So, if you did get clobbered, you are not alone. Don't get too beaten down about one PT - they are all just opportunities to expose your weaknesses, and the more weaknesses you expose and fix before your actual test, the better off you are in the end. So, say "Thank you Sir, I'll take another" to PT 62, learn what you need to learn from it and march right on.
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    Haha well put @runiggyrun
  • Edmond.DantesEdmond.Dantes Alum Member
    155 karma
    Hey thanks for the comments @"Ron Swanson" and @runiggyrun, that's exactly my mindset. Anyways, will be BRing in the next two days. The raw score should be pretty bad, but hopefully the BR score is promising.

Thanks!
  • __Juan____Juan__ Alum Member
    184 karma
    That would be a nice feature.
  • zurajanaizurajanai Member
    51 karma
    I just did pt 62 today and indeed it was harder than previous preptests. In my opinion, this difficulty is because of the test's evolution. I realize slight changes in the language and the logical inferences from before. Thus I think it's very important to BR this test to understand it thoroughly so that later test will be easier.