Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

180!

Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
in General 27820 karma
So on my last PT I scored a 180, on both the simulated PT and the BR! It’s been kind of surreal since, but I hope to come back down any minute now! I know I still have a lot of work to do, and my PT average is, of course, much lower than 180; but I wanted to share for several reasons.

First, high fives!! And I already had a bottle of champagne to celebrate!

Secondly, and arguably more importantly; if I can do it, I firmly believe this test is conquerable by just about anyone. I graduated 63rd out of about 350 in my class from high school and finished my undergrad with a 3.64 GPA from The University of Southern Mississippi. I spent the last 8 years managing and consulting with small independent cafes, restaurants, and catering companies. Not to put down my experience, I owe a lot to the quality of my education and the lessons learned through work; but my point is that I’ve never been an exceptional student or done big, great things. I’m just kind of a regular guy. And if some random, regular dude can do it; then any random, regular dude/dudette can do it. You can do it. Whoever you are, whatever your background or situation; I genuinely believe you have every capacity to 180 this test. And I’m sharing because I hope my story can help you to believe it too.

I think this probably goes without saying, but this seems like a good time to thank the entire 7Sage team and community. The LSAT has been a long, painful process for me. I started studying about a year ago with a target score of 173. I scored a 163 in Oct. 2015 and then a 162 in Dec. 2015. After the Dec scores came back I was really bitter for a long time. I decided I could either quit altogether, temper my goals, or delay a year and redouble my efforts for my final take. I chose to quit altogether. Well, obviously that didn’t stick, and after a few months of pouting, I picked myself up. Having discovered 7Sage through the LG videos on youtube (isn’t that how we all find our way here?), I signed up having decided that if I was going to prepare for the LSAT right, this is where I needed to be. I abandoned everything I had learned to date and started over with the 7Sage curriculum. The 7Sage teaching methods are, of course, incredibly effective; and I began building my LSAT knowledge on a much more solid foundation. I also got involved and stayed involved on the forums. Before 7Sage, I felt very much alone in this. I’d go to my friends; but as we all know, people on the outside just can’t understand or empathize with what we’re going through, much less advise us. I’ve learned so much practical knowledge from you guys, but it’s the collective support of this group that really makes it a special place; and I know I wouldn’t have made it so far without this community.

Thanks, and I love you guys!

Comments

• allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    246 karma
    Congratulations! That's a big milestone!
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    Congratulations! This is inspiring. I was reading the post and remember this video :)
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    That's awesome, congrats dude! What was your diagnostic score by the way?
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    High five indeed! Just from the great and insightful answers you've been providing for the last few months one could tell the 180 was just a matter of time! Take some time to celebrate - you have plenty of time to September and you're on the way to great things!
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    YAAAASSS!!!!! Get it!!!!
    So excited for you!
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    HELL YEAH!!!! Which PT was it!? Go you!!!! Told you you the best @"Cant Get Right" !
    1706 karma
    Oh. And how many (fresh) full-length, timed PTs have you taken before this one? (I'm on 36).
  • draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma
    Very inspirational note! Thanks so much for sharing your success story! Congratulations!!!! Thank you also for paying it forward by helping the rest of us out the way you do!
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    Yassss! That first 180 is da bomb. Any 180 is da bomb. But BOOM you gettin it!!!
  • AddistotleAddistotle Member
    328 karma
    First, congrats! That's amazing, and gives me renewed hope in my attempts that emulating your process will be of much help!

Secondly, this:
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    After the Dec scores came back I was really bitter for a long time.
    Cheers to you for sticking to your guns! I was very fortunate and asked a friend and former classmate who is attending one of my target schools (Queens U Law, Kingston, ON) and he used 7sage too, so different method but we are all after the same things!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    WOO! GREAT JOB!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27820 karma
    @Alejandro said:
    What was your diagnostic score by the way?
    My pre-7Sage curriculum diagnostic was a 166, but that was after 8 months of studying. I think my first ever PT was maybe a 159 or so.
    @BruiserWoods said:
    And how many (fresh) full-length, timed PTs have you taken before this one?
    Probably about 20, mostly from before 7Sage. And can we both be the best, because you still the best!
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    That first 180 is da bomb. Any 180 is da bomb.
    Dabomb.com!! Seriously, why did people ever stop saying that!?

Thanks everybody!

Oh, and @nader.parham , this is for you.

• hlsat180hlsat180 Free Trial Member
    edited May 2016 362 karma
    And still didn't forget to BR. Way to go!
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    edited May 2016 1024 karma
    You rn :"
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    Congratulations! I have been studying for almost 2 years now and hovering at 160s coming from a 140 diagnostic. This was motivation to push through for the 170s! We are all going to make it.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Congratulations!!!
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Congratulations, that is awesome!
  • Grey WardenGrey Warden Alum Member
    813 karma
    Wow, congratulations!!! great job!
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    edited May 2016 2573 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" that is so freaking awesome! Congrats! That's how I felt when I scored my first ~0 on LG! *inserts running man gif* LOL, I have a long way to go to get to that 180 but this is just freaking awesome, man!
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    Wooohoooo!!!! Congratulations @"Cant Get Right"!!! Cheers!
  • Keane XavierKeane Xavier Alum Member
    171 karma
    Hey, hey, @"Cant Get Right"! Congratulations! You've earned it.
  • cmelman95cmelman95 Alum Member
    edited May 2016 730 karma
    Looks like you CAN get right...I'll see myself out.
    1706 karma
    @"Cant Get Right"
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    my first ever PT was maybe a 159 or so
    #casual
  • diefor170diefor170 Member
    129 karma
    Congrats! I hope someday I will be getting a 180 on a PT too!
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Kickin' butt! Good job!
    I too scored a 180, once. Unfortunately, I woke up shortly after...
  • Edmond.DantesEdmond.Dantes Alum Member
    155 karma
    Nice dude!

• lsat2016lsat2016 Free Trial Member
    488 karma
    @"Cant Get Right"

congrats..

was it a fresh PT? PT number?
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27820 karma
    Thanks @lsat2016 ! It was fresh, PT 46.