Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

30 days before test day

StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
in General 821 karma
With 30 days left to test day, can anyone pls give me advice on how I can best prepare myself within the next month to enter test day in the best shape possible? Talking about in terms of eating habits, sleep schedule, avoiding stress, etc. I remember there being a post about this, but I couldn't find it.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited May 2016 27809 karma
    Go ahead and plan out what you want the morning of your test to look like, and even the evening before. Start now treating every day like it’s test day. Enforce your bedtime and wake up calls and go through your routine every day exactly as you will on test day to get your mind, body, and spirit into a rhythm. Come test day you’ll be in the groove.

A few commonly recommended test morning activities: LR/LG drills, exercise, meditation, breakfast, your preferred method of caffeine consumption, and of course, the ever popular bodily functions.
  • AddistotleAddistotle Member
    328 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Start now treating every day like it’s test day
    Yess! Get into that mindset on a daily basis and come test day it'll just be another day!
  • StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    821 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" @Addistotle
    thanks, really appreciate it!
    Any tips for reducing test-day anxiety and treating the test like it's any other PT? I've taken publicly proctored practice exams in an effort to prepare for test-day, but I'm worried that the real test will have an entirely different feel.
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    edited May 2016 456 karma
    Jog the morning of your exam before you go to the test center. There is science to back up that exercise can decrease test day anxiety. I didn't do it before my first LSAT (Oct. 2015). I did do it before my second (Dec. 2015). Made a big difference for me.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    @GordonBombay how long of a run would you say?
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    edited May 2016 456 karma
    @nanchito doesn't have to be long at all. I would say one mile would be the floor and anything over three would prob be excessive.

But a lot of that depends on if you're a regular runner. I run 3x a week and did a quick 1.5 miles on my test day.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
  • AddistotleAddistotle Member
    328 karma
    @StopLawying

I would check out that webinar Nicole mentioned!
  • StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    821 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins"
    @Addistotle
    Checked it out, was super helpful. Thanks!!