Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Took my 2nd practice test and went down 5 points from the first one (both after curriculum)!!!

danilphillipsdanilphillips Alum Member
in General 200 karma
My logical reasoning was terrible, and I ran out of time for games. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    edited May 2016 1762 karma
    Ohhhhhh yea, it happened to me. I took a few early pts and my score was everywhere. Take a few more and establish your weaknesses by question type so you can go back to the curriculum and work on them. In my case, I realized my score was suffering from lg so I quit Pting for a bit so I could work on the bundle and get those points. I just started drilling games like crazy. I have one more section and I'm done. I've noticed a huge improvement.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    don't worry. This is only your second prep test and you are still internalizing the basic concepts and test taking skills. Focus on BR, figure out what your mistakes were, what inference you missed on a game that made you pay the price in time, etc. Progress rarely comes in a linear fashion, if ever. I also got a worse score on my second prep test as opposed to my first ;).
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    While not ideal, it's OK. I'd be more worried about wild fluctuations if you were 30 PT's in, but you are still getting used to the test and tying all the knowledge together under time pressure. Don't let a bad score drag you down!
    1762 karma
    @Alejandro said:
    Focus on BR, figure out what your mistakes were, what inference you missed on a game that made you pay the price in time, etc.
    This.
  • danilphillipsdanilphillips Alum Member
    200 karma
    What's particularly discouraging is I got a 150 this test which was the same as my pre curriculum score! On the last pt I took I got 155 with a br of 161. I ran out of time for the lg this time which was a big drop but I also didn't do very well in lr. I'm getting discouraged!!
    1762 karma
    @danilphillips I feel you, but don't give up! Feeling discouraged is totally normal, but after a few pt's I bet you'll see progress.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    At this stage, you really don't need to worry about your PT scores. You need to worry about your BR scores.
    1762 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" makes a really good point. Br scores are the most important.... the whole br process is important. We all want a certain score, but focusing on that certain score or thinking how much we need to do to get there can be overwhelming. Progress is slow sometimes.
  • nickott10nickott10 Free Trial Member
    39 karma
    My opinion: making such a judgment after just 2 PTs doesn't really tell you anything. Don't panic. At this point, don't focus at your total score as much as you do the individual questions/sections you struggled with. You will find that there will be fluctuations from PT to PT, especially in the beginning. Once you get to your 10th-15th PT, you will likely see smaller fluctuation and a more representative idea on the scoring range you sit in.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    Yeah - to give you some perspective, I've been studying for the LSAT for a year and a half and I just took a test Saturday that was 5 points lower than the average from the 5 tests before that (and that average was a 171, so it's safe to say I know what I'm doing to an extent). Sometimes you have an off day; sometimes you run into a hard test; sometimes both. But for you right now, you probably just ran into a test that was heavy on the concepts you still haven't really internalized.