Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Actual Score v. Blind Review Score...Time Constraint?

carreno.katecarreno.kate Alum Member
edited July 2014 in General 135 karma
I began self-studying about two months ago for the June 2014 LSAT, and decided to postpone the exam. I then registered for 7sage and went through all the curriculum. I took my first practice test with 7sage recently -- my actual score was a 160, which is was my average score before I began with 7sage. My blind review score was a 170. I'm very comfortable with the exam without the time constraint, but under pressure I'm not as confident. I'm wondering: is it possible to achieve my blind review score (or close to it) under timed pressure for the September 2014 exam? I have the feeling it is very possible, but I'm just not sure how to push past this roadblock. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• danielledanielle Free Trial Member
    43 karma
    Just do every practice test you can, and blind review them. Do LSAT's until your hands fall off. Read everything like it's a reading comprehension passage. Look for logical flaws in your friends arguments. (Don't point them out, you'll just sound like a jerk.)

Using the LSAT analytics part is really helpful to figure out what, exactly, you're having trouble with. Then, re-doing those sections could be helpful in understanding. Also, don't neglect the logic games- those are mechanical, so you can likely work yourself to a perfect score if you re-do them and become familiar.

Really, the only advice possible is to start practicing. You've got an understanding - now you need to work on applying it. Good luck!
  • jessicacejessicace Alum Member
    90 karma

Hi! Wondering how everything worked out since I’m facing the same score gap between my actual score and blind review score

• chooser475chooser475 Core Member
    4 karma

Also wondering (some 10 years later!). Actual is 151 and BR is 167!

• Daviswill309Daviswill309 Core Member
    3 karma

@chooser475 said:
    Also wondering (some 10 years later!). Actual is 151 and BR is 167!

Personally, I think it's about doing time-constrained drills if your issue is time management/doing significantly better in blind review. For instance, if you practice with a hard stop that is shorter than the actual amount of time you would have on test then you can get used to doing questions quicker. That's just an example of a way I would try it, not sure if it will be helpful.