Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on checking LGs with time left over.

Like_SpikeLike_Spike Live Member
in General 203 karma
I'm at the point where if I get any wrong with LGs, it's almost never due to a misunderstanding on the game itself - consistently -0 through -3.

Upon BR, I am 100% on LGs without question (and capable of easily showing it), but my problem is that with this section because it's as visibly deductive as it is, I have a lot of confidence as I go through so I don't have the same luxury of knowing which to spend extra time at the end checking like in RC and LR.

Does anyone have a good method for quickly checking correct answers or knowing which to check by their nature with time left over at the end of the game to minimize these types of mistakes - given that I'm always understanding the game itself quite well?

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    I tend to check MBT questions just to make sure I didn't just select an AC that was a CBT. That only when I don't have questions I had to speed through and don't feel confident with.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    That's a really great question. I have this same delimna at the end of LG. I'm really confident in the section, but I've got 3-5 minutes left. I don't just want to sit back and relax but I just have no idea what to go back to. I typically just kind of start reworking the hardest game. I confirm I've translated all the rules correctly. (God forbid I find an error here with such little time left!) Then I jump to the harder questions to confirm. I feel like I could be using this time more effectively though, so I'm curious about what others have to say on this.
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    I always go back to the rule substitution question first; it's almost always the question that I am least confident about. I also go back to my circled questions (during LG, I circle questions where I don't read all of the answer choices) and double check those. For example, if the answer to a question is A, I try to circle A without reading B-E. I circle the question to remind myself to check the other answers if I have time. Usually, it only takes a few seconds to confirm the correct answer.
  • hlsat180hlsat180 Free Trial Member
    edited May 2016 362 karma
    @"Accounts Playable" said:
    For example, if the answer to a question is A, I try to circle A without reading B-E. I circle the question to remind myself to check the other answers if I have time. Usually, it only takes a few seconds to confirm the correct answer.
    @adrienbibi Something like this. Develop an annotation system that prioritizes which questions to double-check. Also be sure to mark off answers you've already eliminated during your first go thru. Unchecked answers are left unmarked.

That said, if your game understanding is solid, what type of errors are you making - any examples? The direct solution is to minimize those specific error types and the double-check is, well, just to double-check.