Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using Questions to answer other questions

Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
in Logic Games 2098 karma
I know it might sound obvious but I want to know your take on the fact that when a question states "If J in two..." we can take J2 at the very least as a CBT; I write them down in corner of my paper so they might come handy in answering rest of question and sometimes they helped eliminating answer choices in other questions in games from bundle (PT 1-35).

Do you think writing them down is a wise use of time? Have you seen such instances in recent games or this just happens in old games?

Comments

• KaturianKaturian Free Trial Member
    32 karma
    When I get those kinds of questions, I like to draw a local diagram -- that is sufficient for me to see that J2 CBT.

If you do that as well, you could probably save time by not writing it separately.

To answer your other question: This happens sometimes in the later games as well. In my experience, it comes in most handy for later "Must be false" questions. If Question 2 shows, J2 CBT, Q5 might have an answer choice where J2 MBF. So you can cross off that answer choice without checking.

Hope that helps.
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    @Katurian I make a local diagram but when I do not separate them it get mixed up with my inferences and I tend to overlook them.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    I've done something similar. But, instead of writing it down, I just remind myself that local diagrams can be used to answer the "global" questions.
  • KaturianKaturian Free Trial Member
    edited May 2016 32 karma
    @nader.parham said:
    @Katurian I make a local diagram but when I do not separate them it get mixed up with my inferences and I tend to overlook them.
    I sometimes draw a box around CBT combinations if the game gets really messy.

From what I recall, on the actual LSAT you have more room. Instead of 1 pg / game as in the PTs, you have 2 pages.
    2098 karma
    @Katurian boxing CBT combination is a great idea, I will use that and thanks.

@MrSamIam that is the best way but I do not know why under time I keep forgetting local diagrams can be used to answer global questions
    edited May 2016 2086 karma
    @nader.parham Time pressure can do that to you. How about some type of marking system? Maybe you can draw a star, triangle, or something that isn't already "taken" next to your local questions. That way when your eyes glance over them, you'll think, "Oh hey! Local question that can help!"
    2098 karma
    @MrSamIam I gonna do that from now on, you are right marking system is much faster than writing down the CBT. thanks for the suggestion
    2086 karma
    @nader.parham Sure thing!