Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June lsat games to brush up on

juneby01juneby01 Free Trial Member
in Logic Games 45 karma
can anyone suggest the more relevant game to go over I'm taking the June 2016 test and really want to focus on what it might be on the test versus all of the games
Thanks

Comments

• Micaela_OVOMicaela_OVO Alum Member
    1018 karma
    Make sure you're solid on the games from the 70s, circular and pattern games from the earlier PTs (the LSAC loves throwing curve balls), and any odd games you've had trouble with in the past- hopefully you have some sort of data on the games you've done. Good luck!
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 4344 karma
    @juneby01 said:
    can anyone suggest the more relevant game to go over I'm taking the June 2016 test and really want to focus on what it might be on the test versus all of the games
    Make sure your circle games are on point. One appeared on last February's experimental.

Pattern games are, as always, fair game, but since we had a rather infamous one on December, I would be surprised to see one again so soon. BUT. It's important to master games of every type because all are always fair game, and LSAC loves to surprise us.
  • juneby01juneby01 Free Trial Member
    45 karma
    Thank you everyone
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    Make sure your circle games are on point
    Do you think that "circle" could be added as a feature of the question bank? I can only think of one or two circle games out there and this might be a good way to help us find them easily. Or do you have a few you can recommend @"Nicole Hopkins"
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    I think the first ever Game in PT 1 was a circle game. Other than that, only one or two more that I’m familiar with, all very early on.

The only thing that makes them tricky is they don’t really lend themselves to the creation of a master game board. You just kind of have to hammer it out for each question. Once I got over the discomfort of that, I didn’t have any further issues. They’re actually fairly easy, it’s just hard to stay calm because they’re so rare.
  • StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    821 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" are you allowed to say whether that circle game was on the difficult side or more like the one from PT1?
    821 karma
    I think 41 also has a circle game. I think those are the only 2. My guess is that we will get a mapping game in June, haven't gotten one of those in a really long time.
    4344 karma
    @StopLawying said:
    @"Nicole Hopkins" are you allowed to say whether that circle game was on the difficult side or more like the one from PT1?
    OH—I've never seen a circle game in the wild :) Just LSAT internet rumors one has heard ... ;)
    821 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" oh, thought you sat for that test. Sorry bout that:)
    Also, do you think that LSAT may be introducing the pattern game as a regular game type, like grouping/ordering? Maybe theyre starting a trend where the game can appear on every other test, or something like that.
    4344 karma
    @StopLawying said:
    Also, do you think that LSAT may be introducing the pattern game as a regular game type, like grouping/ordering? Maybe theyre starting a trend where the game can appear on every other test, or something like that.
    Maybe! Who knows. Master PT72 and PT77 :D
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    edited May 2016 1762 karma
    @"Micaela_OVO" said:
    pattern games
    What's a pattern game?
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    What is a mapping game?
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    PT 41 had a circle game. The last game of the set.
  • Micaela_OVOMicaela_OVO Alum Member
    1018 karma
    @nanchito said:
    What's a pattern game?
    Pattern games freak people out because of the initial shock factor. Their setups usually contain no starting point for inferences. You just have to start writing out hypotheticals.

PT 77 G3
    PT20 G3
    PT23 G4

Those are listed online. There are a couple more, but I don't have my LG binder with me right now. :(
    4344 karma
    @"Micaela_OVO" said:
    PT 77 G3
    PT20 G3
    PT23 G4
    And PT 72 Game 4!
    4344 karma
    @Sheri123 said:
    What is a mapping game?
    Very rare—ski chalets, Zephyr air is kind of a mapping game but secretly a grouping game, airplane radar/zones ... I would be shocked (actually shocked) if we see a mapping game, primarily because we have not heard of any appearing on experimental sections in many moons.

There WAS a circle game on experimental section on Feb 2015 test. So circle games are expected.
    4344 karma
    We can more or less tell which types of games are coming up in the next few years due to what has appeared on experimentals.