Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite breakfast for Exam day

Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
edited May 2016 in General 1196 karma
I thought it might be helpful for some to hear what types of breakfast foods & drinks people have found to be great choices for test day & maybe what types of snacks they brought for the break during the exam.

I think I had scrambled eggs, avocado toast & coffee when I took the exam before & half of a chicken sandwich, Apple, blueberries & vitamin water for the break. Not sure what I will do this time but probably something similar.

Comments

• StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    821 karma
    I like having oatmeal, toast, blueberries, and green tea.I found that combo to work for me.
    I also take some multivitamins and omega 3. Don't know if it helps, but worst case scenario is that it's a placebo.
    For snack, I have pretzels, banana, and dark chocolate. I read somewhere that chocolate is very good for the brain.
    The sandwich idea is interesting, maybe I'll try that. The break is so short though, and I don't wanna have to spend the entire time eating.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    I had chicken and Asian style black beans. A healthy mix of protein, carbs and fats to fuel the test. Break was Peanut butter, veggies and a hard boiled egg. Plus a Starbucks Refresher in my water. So again a good mix of fats, carbs and proteins.

A few interesting articles: http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/healthy-foods-eat-brain-power http://www.developinghumanbrain.org/best-brain-foods-to-eat-before-taking-a-test/
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Caffeine...lots and lots of caffeine. Joking, for the most part.

Here's mine:

Carbs: Wheat bagel
    Healthy fats: Avocado and nuts
    Protein: Small piece of chicken, or a protein shake. I prefer the latter.
    Caffeine: A fresh cup of Colombian coffee.
    Sugar: None
  • Cayenne43Cayenne43 Alum Member
    195 karma
    I have a whole wheat english muffin or bagel with avocado, one egg, veggie sausage, and cheese. Then I have coffee and an apple. My snack is a banana and almonds. I like having a big breakfast that keeps me pretty much full for the whole test. My snack is more like an insurance against becoming hungry.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    I just tried baking eggs in avocados. It worked okay but the eggs were way bigger than the hollows. Neither the worst nor the best idea I've ever stolen from the Internet.

I typically have eggs and an avocado, in some form or another. I also do orange juice and a banana for my fruit. And bacon and oatmeal.

I've done spaghetti for breakfast before, but that's just weird.

Oh and coffee. Although usually not Colombian if I can help it;) To be fair though, I had a Colombian recently that was actually kind of phenomenal- Finca San Jose. More and more Colombian farmers are starting to break away from the mass production model that Colombia pioneered back in the day. They're starting to experiment with washing techniques, to harvest more prudently, to plant new varietals- I think San Jose was a caturra, so that's exciting- things like that. Wait what were we talking about?
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    I just tried baking eggs in avocados. It worked okay but the eggs were way bigger than the hollows. Neither the worst nor the best idea I've ever stolen from the Internet.
    I've done that—I believe the trick is reserving some of the whites :) OR getting massive avocados.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2016 2424 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    I had a Colombian recently that was actually kind of phenomenal
    All Colombians are phenomenal ;p
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    I believe the trick is reserving some of the whites :)
    As it turned out, the whites just kind of reserved themselves all over my countertops!
    @Alejandro said:
    All Colombians are phenomenal ;p
    No doubt:)
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    Indeed
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Hollowing out the avocado helps too if they arent big enough. Avocado toast is always a good alternative too. Nom Nom Nom...
  • AddistotleAddistotle Member
    328 karma
    I went with the avocado and a couple fried eggs in the morning, a bulletproof coffee, rode my bike roughly the distance it'll be to the test centre, then I ate two sol filets, a handful of spinach, a carrot and some lemon juice about an hour before I wrote my last PT, another 169!