Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contacting Test Center---not allowed?

StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
in General 821 karma
It says on the admission ticket that I'm not allowed to contact LSAC test center supervisors for any reason. I've heard different things about my test center having those small, pull-out desks and I wanted to ask someone at the college if that'll be the case. Is this in violation of LSAC rules? From the wording on the ticket it seems so, but I've never heard of this before.

Comments

• BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    Does your admission ticket have a room number? (Mine does). If you're close enough to the university, could you make a trip over and check it out yourself?
  • StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    821 karma
    Good question, all the ticket says is to report to the main lobby. Nothing else really. And even if I did have a room #, LSAC says you can't visit the room prior to your test.
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2016 1650 karma
    I think they're referring to going to the actual room and like being there before proctors/staff/etc.

Test centers are commonly public locations like universitys, convention halls/auditoriums, etc. They can't really "prevent" you from going there.

As far as your tiny desk example..I was afraid of this before the center change deadline, so I went to my TC (Roxbury community college in Boston) and checked out the building/classrooms to get familiar with what I was working with and to see if I needed a change.

Sure enough, in basically every classroom I saw (keep in mind, admissions tickets weren't released so I wasn't looking at the actual room) had a mix of tiny desks and good sized desks.

I emailed LSAC politely asking that only big desks be used at the TC because having desks of different sizes in the same room may give some people an advantage over others. I understand there's variance in desks at different TCs, but that shouldn't happen within the same room of like 20 people. Of course I never got a response..but they didn't contact me saying I "violated" a rule.

Id say go check out the TC, it's important to know exactly where you're heading on test day
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    @"Ron Swanson" said:
    I think they're referring to going to the actual room and like being there before proctors/staff/etc
    I also get the impression this is what they mean.
  • StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    821 karma
    Thanks @"Ron Swanson"
    I actually did a lot to research before signing up for this specific test center. I read so many great reviews; almost everyone said you get your own big desk + not really much noise. Everything seemed good. But then around a few weeks ago, a 7sager said he took the test there and he had one of those small, pull-out desks. Totally sucks, although some may say I'm overreacting
    I think it depends on when you take the test. All the great reviews I read were from students who took the test in December/Feb, when there are typically fewer test takers. June is the most popular LSAT so maybe that's why they stuff everyone into one big hall.
    Visiting the center wouldn't help as there's no room# on my ticket so I wouldn't know where the test is being held. Plus, it doesn't seem like it's allowed. That's why I was hoping to call and get an answer from someone but don't wanna risk anything with LSAC.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    What’s it say about your Aunt Mildred contacting them?
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    What’s it say about your Aunt Mildred contacting them?
    LOL

Put out a Craigslist ad: "Wanted: someone to make procedurally risky phone call to LSAC"