Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CBT questions with A as correct answer choice

Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
edited May 2016 in Logic Games 2098 karma
Hey guys I am almost done with bundle but I notice for CBT questions when the correct answer is A I cannot choose it and move on I have to check at least B and sometimes C and only then I move on, wasting a lot of time. Anyone else had the same problem? How should I tackle it? Do you think redoing the bundle in sections with reduced time (30 min/section) could help?

Comments

• AddistotleAddistotle Member
    328 karma
    If you HAVE to check B and C, shouldn't you then be checking D and E?

With CBT questions, if you're aiming to complete all of the questions and get them all correct, once you believe the correct answer is A, circle A, earmark the question and move on, come back if you can to check it over.

Honestly, if you know the rules well enough, and you're comfortable with the inferences, picking A and moving right along is the way to go.

Believe in yourself, be confident in your preparation!

It sounds like you've either played out some hypotheticals in your setup or you've churned out A's possible world right next to the question. If you've taken the time to write it out, and it clearly could be true, circle it and move on!

A big thing that has helped me is watching JY solve the games after every PT, you're not through the bundle yet, but even if you do well, be sure to watch his set up, see where he dictates it is worthwhile to draw out a few scenarios. Eventually the recurring inferences will be second nature and you won't waste another second with your CBT questions.
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    @Addistotle you are right I have to pick A and move on, I think I need more practice to increase my confidence level. Thanks for taking the time and answering my question.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @nader.parham said:
    I think I need more practice to increase my confidence level.
    There you go :)