Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Photo

westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
edited May 2016 in General 3788 karma
Hi guys,

Have you guys tried printing out the admission ticket to see how your LSAT photo looked? The photo I uploaded on the site met the requirements, but when I printed it out with my black and white printer,the photo quality came out somewhat grainy. It's still clear enough to discern my identity but not as sharp as I would like. Is this an issue that you guys came across with? Should I just try using a better printer to be safe? LSAC said as long as the picture clearly indicates my identity I would be fine.

Comments

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    I think you'll be fine, but this might be one of the times to play it safe. Do you have a UPS store near by? As long as it meets all of the rules, you should be fine, but for peace of mind, I'd have it printed on a great printer.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    The LSAC Board of Trustees, pictured below, are ancient and wise; but their wisdom frequently requires some interpretation. Don’t take chances if you’re unsure. Best not to cross them.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    @westcoastbestcoast i'm having the same problem. I spent 15 damn dollars on a passport photo and used an industrial scanner and it's still pixelated. Idk what to tell them. I'm bringing in the passport photo with me in case they give me any trouble, but like. There is LITERALLY nothing else I can do.
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    @BruiserWoods Sigh.. as if the exam itself wasn't stressful enough. @stepharizona I will definitely look into UPS as an option as well!
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    @westcoastbestcoast DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED. Did you see they moved my test LOCATION. Then in a separate email, my test DATE. AND THEN HAD THE NERVE to CHANGE THE REPORT TIME TOO?! *steams from ears*
  • zurajanaizurajanai Member
    51 karma
    I may have the answer you guys yearning to know if you could print in black and white or color. You can find out more details here at the last item on this list.

Q: The LSAT Admission Ticket photo preview shows my photo both in color and black and white. Do I need to print my ticket in color?

A: "You may print your ticket using either a color or back and white printer. Color is not required. The ticket preview shows you both versions so you can see how it will print on whichever printer you use, and so you can make sure your submitted color photo will look acceptable if printed in black and white."
  • kaila67hkaila67h Free Trial Member
    52 karma
    I called them and, yes, your photo can be black and white but your identity must be clearly discernible. Exactly how clearly discernible is at the discretion of whoever at the test center signs you in. I asked if I could bring the passport photo I scanned in case the test center person didn't think my print out was clear enough. They said NO. I wouldn't risk forfeiting my exam because of a somewhat unclear photo so I'm printing it out at UPS. It's only 40 cents.
  • Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    893 karma
    @westcoastbestcoast How did they unilaterally change your location, date, and time?? Under what authority do they tell you you can not take a test at the location and time you signed up for??
    3788 karma
    It wasnt my date. It was @BruiserWoods' date
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Good call, @kaila67h. I might do the same.
    3788 karma
    Hey guys thank you all for the responses. I called lsac and they recommended I print it out in UPS. I would also recommend others do so as well if they found themselves in my situation
  • abovewater7abovewater7 Alum Member
    66 karma
    I have the same problem. The photo on my ticket is very blurred after printing. I don't know if it is "discernible" in this situation...should I contact LSAC in this situation?
    3788 karma
    Hey @abovewater7. I would recommend that you try printing with UPS if you haven't done so. He told me that I should be fine but just told me to go with UPS just in case since its up to the proctor's discretion.
  • Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    893 karma
    @westcoastbestcoast. Oh sorry, misread the post.