Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading all answer choices

guitarnaraguitarnara Alum Member
in General 365 karma
I know that this issue has already been dealt with before, but in JY's live commentary videos, he says that for certain question types, such as SA or MP questions, if you are sure, you should just be confident and move on without reading other ACs. Anybody else doing this??

Comments

• guitarnaraguitarnara Alum Member
    edited June 2016 365 karma
    Actually, I found this
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/7447/reading-all-the-answer-choices-vs-stopping-after-you-ve-found-the-right-one... which is really helpful.

But if you have anything to add, please share! Thanks!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Ok good, glad you found that! I was reading your post and was like man, we had a really great thread on this a while back.
  • guitarnaraguitarnara Alum Member
    365 karma
    When JY says "if you are reviewing wrong answer choices, even after choosing the right one, that could be a symptom of under-confidence", is he referring to going back to ACs that you've already eliminated, or is he referring to wrong ACs that are obvious, due to your certainty of the right answer? He says that he didn't "even bother reading the other ACs" (question 3 PT 77 S4).
  • jessicaljjessicalj Alum Member
    172 karma
    @guitarnara - JY mentioned something very similar when I asked him about this on a BR call. In your case I think he meant all ACs besides the correct one, not just those you have concretely eliminated. Some LR questions should be as straightforward as LG - when you have decidedly arrived at the answer, you can consider all the others as wrong, even if you haven't read them!