Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stupid question: What time does the June LSAT actually start?

LSAT AZTECLSAT AZTEC Alum Member
in General 33 karma
I thought it started at noon (and have been taking PTs accordingly) but then I realized that my ticket says "check in no later than 12:30". So will the actual test start at around 1?

Comments

• Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @"LSAT AZTEC" said:
    So will the actual test start at around 1?
    It could start as early as 1. It is literally impossible to predict actual start time. I have heard as long as 2-3 hour delays but I believe those are uncommon. All 3 of my takes started within 30 minutes of show up time.
  • StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    edited June 2016 821 karma
    How long is the entire process from when you start the test until you finish? So if I start at 1, what time do you think I'll be out of the test center?
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @StopLawying said:
    How long is the entire process from when you start the test until you finish? So if I start at 1, what time do you think I'll be out of the test center?
    That to is hard to predict. As the proctor has to go through everything. If everyone is checked in, and they get through the first speech and actually say "begin section 1" at 1pm.

It should go close to:

1:00-1:35 Section 1
    1:35-2:10 Section 2
    2:10-2:45 Section 3
    2:45-3:00 Break
    Assume 5 min to approve people back in with IDs and get settled (but this could take longer)
    3:05-3:40 Section 4
    3:40-4:15 Section 5
    Then they have to collect the test (I think) At any rate, they did something with the test between the 5th and final writing sample. And then a kid didnt listen to instructions and didnt write his codes on his writing sample so we had to wait even longer... but I think they collected the tests during this time. So say 5 min stop.
    4:20-4:55 Section 6
    4:55-5:00 They collect the writing sample.

So release by 5:00pm in best case scenario... assuming they dont pause too long between sections.

When I took in October, so an 8:30 check-in time, we didn't get out until almost 2pm.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Timing is very dependent on the size of your test center as I was told from the Administrator of the LSAT overseeing the 2 test sights in my area.
    You can have an amphitheater style center checking in and seating over 100 people which can take over an hour to get everyone seated and complete the personal information section before the test even starts. After the break, all 100+ must be re-verified to return to their desks which can take more time.
    There are test centers that split the test takers into smaller groups of 20-30 ppl per room which could significantly decrease the "down time" which would be closer to our simulated "proctored" experiences.
    After being on this site for over a year, I am thankful for everyone sharing about different experiences taking the LSAT. The best advice I was given that I wholeheartedly embrace, be ready to adapt to whatever the environment presents - if you are confident and know why you are sitting for the test - do not let anything distract you!
    Hope this helps:)
  • LSAT AZTECLSAT AZTEC Alum Member
    33 karma
    Ugh well I am taking it in a conference center in a huge room that could probably fit around 100 people :/ So I am going to take my last two PTs at around 1:15. Thanks for the input everyone!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 8021 karma
    My wife took it at Northwestern several years ago and it was about an 8 or 9 hour affair due to the number of students... I was in small rooms for both of my takes and was in and out in just under 5 hours.
  • StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    821 karma
    @Pacifico thats crazy! How does that account for a 4 hour difference?!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Terrible proctors, 100+ students, just handing the test out took forever, not to mention checking IDs, collecting the test, handing it back out... Total disaster from beginning to end... Sounded worse than an MCAT...