Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7sage or TestMasters?

BreeBreeBreeBree Member
in General 219 karma
Okay! Here is my dilemma, I have registered for the Testmasters course, but now I am having second thoughts and thinking about getting a refund and signing up for 7sage instead. The community have been so helpful so far, and I've heard such good things that I I'm considering changing, can someone who maybe have an experience with the live course vs. 7sage or anyone at all tell me why they find 7sage to be more beneficial. Please! I need to know by tomorrow so I can cancel and update my account.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Hmmm... I wonder what advice you will get on here. Since you're posting this on 7Sage you already know what you should do. Just go ahead and get it over with and get started. Welcome to the club!
  • apublicdisplayapublicdisplay Alum Member
    edited June 2016 696 karma
    As someone who has been through Testmasters already, personally, I must say that 7sage is the way to go. I sent you a message with more details, check your inbox.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    I took TM last year. I won't talk trash about the company or their instructors, as I did like my instructor. However, I wasn't too happy with the results. Nor did I feel that the $1000+ spent on the course was money well spent.
    That said, my cousin took TM and ended up at a T14 school. Like anything else, some will like it, some wont.
  • draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    edited June 2016 916 karma
    I took the TestMasters live course back when I first graduated college. I thought my instructor was great but the truth is, I really couldn't absorb the volume of information the course has to offer in three to three and a half months. They don't offer videos you can refer back to after your course has expired without having to pay $700 which only lasts until the next administration of the exam. When I started with TestMasters, I didn't have a strong background in formal logic, which you absolutely need in order to perform well on this exam, so that timeframe was quite impossible for me. I assume folks who do have that background would do well with only a few months of formal instruction. I ended up scoring in the 150s (back in 2011) because I felt so much pressure to get the exam over with and felt that I should've been prepared with the live course alone. I was very wrong. I ended up pursuing a career in government and, almost four years later, have turned to 7Sage because of the flexibility inherent in the course design. I was able to study at my pace and flag lessons that I knew I had to return to and review, which you'll be forced to rush through during a live course even if you take thorough notes. I wish I knew about 7Sage back when I first considered taking the LSAT because you get excellence with JY and simplification where it makes sense. I love that the philosophy here is geared towards reducing the amount of mental gymnastics required to get to the correct answer choice. I felt that TM didn't emphasize that enough or may not have offered as many examples of areas where simplifications can be made. I am definitely a bit bias because TM has been effective for some students that I've spoken with but I feel like my learning style is far more compatible with the structure of 7Sage. The community here is so supportive and helpful which is quite invaluable. I highly recommend just starting with 7Sage.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    What @Pacifico said. Welcome to the club ;)
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Alum Member
    1762 karma
    One of the most valuable things you get with 7sage is being able to study at your own pace. It's going to be a loooong journey. 7sage and the community can help you the whole way.

I mean like they'll seriously hold your hand.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    I'm going to add another vote for 7Sage, even though I don't have first hand experience with TestMasters.
    JY builds it from the ground up, so once you get through the curriculum and do the problem sets you should have a really solid foundation that you can then refine through PT'ing and BR'ing to suit your own strenghts and weaknesses.
    And like previous posters said, being able to go at your own pace is alone worth the price of admission.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27866 karma
    The fundamental flaw with TM, in my opinion, is that it’s designed to prepare for the for LSAT in 3 months. That just isn’t going to be sufficient for the vast majority of us. If your priority is getting the LSAT done and over with as quickly as possible, then I think TM is probably a great option. If your priority is maximizing you score, welcome to 7Sage.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @draj0623 said:
    They don't offer videos you can refer back to after your course has expired without having to pay $700 which only lasts until the next administration of the exam.
    Yikes—didn't realize that!
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    The fundamental flaw with TM, in my opinion, is that it’s designed to prepare for the for LSAT in 3 months.
    Amen
  • hlsat180hlsat180 Free Trial Member
    edited June 2016 362 karma
    @siheaso said:
    I'm considering changing, can someone who maybe have an experience with the live course vs. 7sage or anyone at all tell me why they find 7sage to be more beneficial.
    Which way do you learn best? TM live course is a 3-month set schedule. 7sage is self-paced and online. Both are proven alternatives. Either way, your results will be based on what you put in.

Other than that, consider cost and timelines. I assumed cost is not a factor but if you need to re/take beyond Sep, then what will TM cost and offer? In this regard 7sage is less expensive and offers flexibility to adjust timelines.