Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When you see a Question will involve heavy Lawgic do you map it out right away?

LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
in General 1024 karma
For LR clearly. When you see a question involves heavy Lawgic say MBT MBF Parallel reasoning etc.. Do you start mapping the lawgic right away or read it first then read it again and Map it out?

Comments

• AddistotleAddistotle Member
    328 karma
    If it's a clear structure, I would map it out right away. I mean, mapping it out involves re-reading it to an extent. Now, when there's a confusing, mixed up Ctx, C, P1, MP, P2 and whatever else they may throw at you, it's worth reading again.

This is assuming your timing is down and you aren't needing to skip it and come back later!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @Addistotle said:
    This is assuming your timing is down and you aren't needing to skip it and come back later!
    :)
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    If it's a question type that typically involves diagramming, I'll quickly skim the stimulus just to make sure that there is actually something to diagram - look for indicator words like "if...then...unless" etc. If so, I'll go back to the top and start diagramming.
    Truth be told, I usually skip those questions and come back to them later. Unless of course it's a short passage haha.
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    I usually read it once to locate the premise and conclusion to avoid mapping out the irrelevant parts that they throw in sometimes. Honestly it always would take me a long time :)