Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official June LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• JustinGrahamJustinGraham Alum Member
    edited June 2016 46 karma
    Also remembering a question about a girl saying that a production company should pay her production costs, because even if her movie doesn't recuperate the costs, they could use the equipment on future movies.
    This was the last question of my 1st 26 question LR section. Was stuck in my head all break
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @oliviamaeromano said:
    Anyone have a LR question about hiring a lawyer to write a will v doing it yourself? Trying to figure out which LR was my experimental
    Was a CEO involved in that question?
    edited June 2016 46 karma
    Question about all the big cats being similar and you had to give an explanation of why the cheetah didn't follow the pattern.

Question about a snake being introduced, killing off bird species, and spider populations being higher.

Both were in the same 26question LR Section I believe.
  • mandy xumandy xu Alum Member
    54 karma
    @oliviamaeromano I got that question, it's not experimental. And @"Dillon A. Wright" it was not the same question as the CEO question.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    Sounds like 26 LR section with the national interest/world literature question and the movie technology/recovering costs question was real. I seem to remember that they were questions 24 and 26, with the CEO/lawyer one being 25.
    Pity. I thought the other 26 LR was a lot easier.
  • graceyphusgraceyphus Free Trial Member
    edited June 2016 20 karma
    N
    edited June 2016 54 karma
    @graceyphus confirmed real!
  • graceyphusgraceyphus Free Trial Member
    edited June 2016 20 karma
    B
  • mtf612mtf612 Alum Member
    78 karma
    Bailed out after section three. Nerves got to me last night, after a perfect day of relaxation and meditation, and I ended up getting only a couple hours of sleep. This was my first attempt after 30+ PTs and months of preparation. I'm very disappointed but at least I'll be better prepared in September. That 170 won't stay away from me forever.
  • ethaaaanethaaaan Alum Member
    edited June 2016 276 karma
    [deleted]
  • TOLedo2016TOLedo2016 Alum Member
    54 karma
    This was my first attempt. I botched the games section...didn't even get to the last game.

And, I accidentally erased half a bubble filled in when they called time and couldn't refill...after I had the revelation it was correct...

The time and test anxiety were stronger than I expected. I also didn't realize we would have to wait so long to start. My test didn't start until 1:30pm. Any lessons learned today that will help in September?

12637 karma
    @mtf612 said:
    Bailed out after section three. Nerves got to me last night, after a perfect day of relaxation and meditation, and I ended up getting only a couple hours of sleep. This was my first attempt after 30+ PTs and months of preparation. I'm very disappointed but at least I'll be better prepared in September. That 170 won't stay away from me forever.
    Saw your post on Reddit too (and replied there earlier!) but just wanted to say that you've got this in September! Take a rest for a week or so, make sure you don't get overloaded. You didn't waste any time studying, you've still got all that knowledge. Don't worry. :)
    46 karma
    @ethan.ames 2 political parties question that also listed a name of 1 candidate for each of the parties? I had an experimental 26 question LR, so that would of been from your 26 question LR.

There were 5 questions on the CFC section.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    Anyone remember how many questions were on Games 3 and 4 of the real section? 7 and 5 or 6 and 6?
    [deleted]

@TOLedo2016 Did you take at UT? I switched test centers because the desks there are so small.
  • malthelemalthele Alum Member
    15 karma
    watching this and getting scared xD my exam is in 3 hours :)
  • heatherelizabethheatherelizabeth Alum Member
    146 karma
    I don't know if this had been said, but my experimental RC had a passage about Kafka.
  • cmelman95cmelman95 Alum Member
    730 karma
    @mtf612 said:
    You know exactly what to expect now, and exactly how you react to the test. You'll be so much better prepared next time around. This was a blessing in disguise; you're in a great position to crush it in September. Sending good vibes your way, man.
  • cmelman95cmelman95 Alum Member
    730 karma
    @malthele said:
    watching this and getting scared xD my exam is in 3 hours :)
    Where are you?
    54 karma
    @ethan.ames I was. the center was great...I was in the room with the full desks to spread out on. imageThe small desk room sucks. But, there is two rooms
  • malthelemalthele Alum Member
    15 karma
    Dubai :)
  • Mspringer95Mspringer95 Alum Member
    edited June 2016 7 karma
    Does anyone who had two LG sections remember if the experimental was the first section or third section, or might it be changed up for different people? I think the nerves from the test are making me blend sections together at this point.
    54 karma
    @TBecker92 My graded LG was first and experimental LG was third.
  • leeban92leeban92 Free Trial Member
    60 karma
    I feel like a completely got wrecked in reading comp :( Is one bad section enough grounds to cancel? I feel like I did good on the other sections
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @leeban92 said:
    I feel like a completely got wrecked in reading comp :( Is one bad section enough grounds to cancel?
    Nope nope nope

Just ask @"J.Y. Ping"
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @TBecker92 said:
    or might it be changed up for different people
    Order is always different.
    removed
  • lastLSATslastLSATs Alum Member
    edited June 2016 64 karma
    removed
    12637 karma
    Please refer to the rules when posting, guys.
  • sgtberrysgtberry Free Trial Member
    edited June 2016 5 karma
    //
  • kazrahkazrah Alum Member
    158 karma
    The experimental RC was ridiculously hard for me, definitely the hardest RC section I've ever seen. I usually only get around -3 and on that part I didn't even finish reading the last comparative passage (with like 7 questions unaddressed). Huge sigh of relief that it's not counted.
    54 karma
    Anyone else feel like they bombed? I had been PTing pretty close to my goal score...I don't feel like I was anywhere close today. Feeling pretty bummed.
    276 karma
    @TOLedo2016 Nice, I heard it could be one of two rooms, wasn't about to roll the dice on that one. I think I saw you on the study buddies thing on here, nice to see another 7sager in Toledo!
    54 karma
    @TOLedo2016 I think exam anxiety might have thrown me on my first two sections...felt pretty normal for the other three.
  • evatullipevatullip Free Trial Member
    22 karma
    Does anyone remember the specific order in which the RC was? I remember the Jury Nullification 1st, the High Art/Elite 2nd, Clay 3rd and CFCs 4th. Some people seem to be mixing the High Art and clay and it's freaking me out I misbubbled.
    54 karma
    @evatullip I seem to remember clay tablets being third, also.
  • abby.lu2017abby.lu2017 Alum Member
    112 karma
    main lesson learned today: ALWAYS USE BUBBLE SHEETS WHEN PTing. I did not realize how much time it actually takes to bubble the answers and I ran out of time on two of the sections :O
    46 karma
    @evatullip Your order is right.
    46 karma
    @abby.lu2017 Did you bubble each question individually?
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    Hey @mtf612 . I actually only got 3 hours of sleep too. But i felt that with the exception of the first LR, it didnt significantly mess up my pacing. But I may be wrong haha. What made u cancel midway through? Did you feel like you weren't able to focus at all?
    54 karma
    @abby.lu2017 I would recommend bubbling one "flip" at a time. So one whole game, or one whole set of passage questions, or two pages of LR questions. It helped me a lot.
  • evatullipevatullip Free Trial Member
    22 karma
    @JustinGraham @"mandy xu" thanx a lot guys.
    112 karma
    @JustinGraham for the first two sections yes, and I realized how much time it wasted. So after that I started doing a whole page.
    112 karma
    @"mandy xu" I only started doing that after not finishing two sections :( lesson learned, I suppose
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @"mandy xu" said:
    I would recommend bubbling one "flip" at a time. So one whole game, or one whole set of passage questions, or two pages of LR questions. It helped me a lot.
    Agreed! But out of panicked habit, I still bubble the final stretch of questions in LR individually during a timed PT no matter how much time I have banked on skipping to return to questions:)
    @Ethan.ames Likewise. How do you think you did? I'll probably have to take again in September.
    @TOLedo2016 It will really come down to RC, skipped/guessed on 2 and was unsure on around 8 more throughout other passages, so it could really be anything.
    54 karma
    @Ethan.ames likewise. Don't feel great about it...but, I have left PT tests feeling like I bombed and did better than I thought...I just didn't have to wait a month to find out. What is your goal score?
    276 karma
    @TOLedo2016 Very true, 168ish was my goal. You?
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    There was a girl in my testing center who brought a digital watch but the proctors didnt say anyyhing about it, despite standing in front of her. Would this be grounds for reporting to LSAC?