Hoping for JY's Opinion - is it possible to get a 160+ from just using the material in this course?

The_RiseThe_Rise Alum Member
edited July 2013 in General 283 karma
Was wondering because I am doing the course and also using LRB and LGB, but I want to make things simpler. What is your opinon J.Y., and others as well?

Comments

• Litian.ChenLitian.Chen Free Trial Member
    136 karma
    I would say this is more than enough to get a 160.
  • Lia LiuLia Liu Free Trial Member
    13 karma
    I just started the course but I score around 155 range (with some half-assed studying). Would like to hit 165 so it would be great if someone could answer this question.
  • CJ ShinCJ Shin Free Trial Member
    edited June 2013 302 karma
    I think your question is very much analogous to "will taking this XYZ ultra-mega protein powder get me jacked in 60 days?"

Well, possibly. But we must assume that you were working out intensely and consistently.
    What I can tell you is that 7sage course alone is not sufficient for you to get whatever result you desire.
    You will need to devote serious amounts of time and effort and there is no way around it.

What 7sage does for you is that it sets you off on the right path so that you don't waste your energy paddling aimlessly in the wrong direction.

Personally, I would recommend that you scrap any other materials on games especially because most of them just inundate you with useless categorizations such as "underfunded" and "overloaded," which just confuses you more.

As for the 160, yes, you can do it and probably better than that.

• The_RiseThe_Rise Alum Member
    283 karma
    Thanks CJ, I understand what you mean. Thank you for the response.
  • James DeanJames Dean Free Trial Member
    edited June 2013 297 karma
    I'm going to throw some Bruce Lee inspiration your way.

“If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”

I'm only 60% through the material, I just took an older PT yesterday, scored 161, and I felt like I bombed it (which I did bomb the games in my opinion).

Basically Aim higher... Don't aim for the 160's, aim for the damn 180 (aim small miss small), and then if you find yourself short of that, you're still golden. If you set your goals low, you're already giving your subconscious a rationale/justification/excuse to fail you.

The test is intuitive... so, program your mind like a computer, and then just let the programs flow (flawlessly) on test day.

So eliminate that low standard, study hard, become obsessive (and maybe a little crazy) and a masochist, and just go for it... If you're serious about law school then you should have no problem tuning out the world for this test as it is a huge determinant on your future. In fact, forget the world, this test is your world...invest in today, pay the payments of pain, keep your eyes fixed on the goal (180)....and don't lose sight of your purpose.

• James DeanJames Dean Free Trial Member
    297 karma
    @CJ

Great analogy. I was a personal trainer in college, and most people have that "supplement" mentality.

I would tell them, there are no short cuts, and no easy roads - if you want success, it's simple. It takes hard work (and there are no substitutes). It may be difficult but it's a simple equation.
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma
    I agree with what everyone's saying here. :)
  • The_RiseThe_Rise Alum Member
    283 karma
    Okay thank you everyone, yes I am definitely willing to put in the work I am always paranoid I am not being efficient with my time. I'm going to begin focusing solely on the course now instead of supplemental stuff.
  • CJ ShinCJ Shin Free Trial Member
    302 karma
    @kyuya

Work through the lessons first and try to get an overall understanding of how each question type functions.
    Then PT PT PT.

If you have any questions from PT30~49, I will be glad to help.