Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official June LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @westcoastbestcoast said:
    There was a girl in my testing center who brought a digital watch but the proctors didnt say anyyhing about it, despite standing in front of her. Would this be grounds for reporting to LSAC?
    Sure, if you're okay with LSAC potentially delaying your score too.
  • Liz L 123Liz L 123 Free Trial Member
    73 karma
    Hey guys, I misread a direction on a logic game and am trying to figure out if it's the experimental section. I think it might be the oil paintings one, which others have identified as experimental, but I can only really remember the gamepieces. It was Ipex (Ibex?), H something, and G something in one category and S, P, and R in another. Is that the oil paintings one (thus experimental)?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I didn't have that game. It was experimental I think.

Why would you report something like that that didn't affect you? That's just bad karma right there.
  • TOLedo2016TOLedo2016 Alum Member
    54 karma
    @ethan.ames I was shooting for 160-163 range...I was PTing there...but, def didn't hit that today
  • enoah24enoah24 Free Trial Member
    edited June 2016 7 karma
    I had a 25LR, 23LG, 26LR, 26LR and 27RC. I thought the first of the 26s was extremely more difficult than the second. From what I could remember, the first 26 had more role questions than usual, had an early Parallel question and had a late Parallel Flaw Question. So instead of the Parallel and Parallel Flaw question coming in late, it was split in the section. P within the first 12 and PF within the last five. Can anyone who had the real LR sections confirm if this was the real one?
    54 karma
    Yeah...really no need to report over a watch that didn't impact you or your score at all...

I'd like to file a complaint with my watch maker for selling me a watch that broke in the second section. And, one against the proctors for being so slow we started after 1:30pm, and I'd also like to report the girl next to me for hacking, sneezing, and sucking snot for 5 straight hours and taking me out of my mental test space...but, them the breaks...truth is, I probably just had a bad test day
  • Jason33-Jason33- Free Trial Member
    edited June 2016 3 karma
    Does anyone that had 2 LR sections remember a question that mentioned a new highway and traffic congestion? Had a LR (25) as section 1, LR (26) as section 3, and LR (25) as section 4. Still trying to figure out which LR (25) was experimental. I believe the first one had hot cocoa w/ island people and a new highway with traffic congestion in it.
  • dave101407dave101407 Alum Member
    25 karma
    I had a LR section with questions about hot cocoa drinking Kuna natives and traffic congestion and I had no LR experiential so it was definitely the real one.
  • 97 karma
    My expiremental was reading and it was obvious. Ridiculously easy. Neither LR had more than 25. I Thought games and reading were on the easier than usual side.

Kuna Natives real. Chocolate dessert real. Highway congestion real. Babblers real
  • nibluedopsisnibluedopsis Free Trial Member
    edited June 2016 3 karma
    I had a LR section with a question about feeding your milk cow, but I got 3 LR so I don't know if this is real or fake.
  • malthelemalthele Alum Member
    15 karma
    ok... totally destroyed.. everything is completely different in middle east, not the same as yours..

LG was a monster..

it went like this: LR RC LG LR RC

the fifth brought two old articles from the prep but was most monstrous section.

i think i'll get 143-146

aaaaand i give up! not gonna lie to myself ever again.. i'm too weak to face the test.. time to stop.

already spent 3k$+ on travelling to 2 countries ,reserving hotels and paying fees..applied for 27 schools thinking that i'll get a good score..soooo stupid indeed.

54 karma
    @malthele Hang in there. Wait for your score, you probably did better than you think. But, I def know how you feel
  • edited June 2016 38 karma
    Does anyone remember having a question about how septic tanks can cause biochemicals in groundwater in one of their LR sections? It's the only question I remember from my most difficult LR section.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    Septic tanks must have been in the 25Q experimental, cause i had 3 LR and no septic tank.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    Are experimental sections made up of old questions from previous pts? Or are they new questions but not counted?
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @nanchito new questions, not counted towards your score. It's important to PT with 5 sections every so often to get a better feel of test day.
  • danilphillipsdanilphillips Alum Member
    edited June 2016 200 karma
    Just took the London exam. Had 2 LG so 1 must have been experimental. Lg is my weakest section so was not happy with two sections of it! I ran out of time for games definitely did not do well,
    However I found LR and RC to not be that difficult. Hard to say what I could have scored. Did anyone get a LR question about bats and hearing? For some reason this question has stuck with me.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    Thanks @montahar
    11542 karma
    @danilphillips some will argue that having 2 LG sections is a blessing compared to 3 LR or 2 RC sections :)
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    @danilphillips said:
    Did anyone get a LR question about bats and heating?
    I think the London test is going to be different from the US one, so unless there are other London takers lurking, we won't be of much help.
    I hope you did better than you think - it's always hard to tell in the haze of the adrenaline rush.
  • shmhf666shmhf666 Free Trial Member
    10 karma
    Guys,is the test content (real ones)different among different countries or is it just the experiment section that is different?
  • isabellachen21isabellachen21 Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    LR with flooding and new vs old tree strands - experimental or not?
  • Fish0701Fish0701 Member
    133 karma
    The babblers LR was real, my experimental RC had a ridiculous comparative passage about electron orbitals and quantum mechanics.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    @Fish0701 said:
    comparative passage about electron orbitals and quantum mechanics.
    Woah. There’s only a few people in the world who understand quantum mechanics. And they aren’t very good at it.
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    edited June 2016 8689 karma
    @"Cant Get Right","If you think you understand quantum theory...you don't understand quantum theory."-Richard Feynman lol ;)
    27809 karma
    @doneill3389 droppin’ some Feynman on us! Love it!
  • sgtberrysgtberry Free Trial Member
    edited June 2016 5 karma
    @"Seamus ODriscoll" @dave101407 Do you all remember what other questions were on the Kuna natives/cocoa and traffic congestion questions? Trying to figure out if I need to cancel my score...
    8021 karma
    Don't cancel... Never cancel...
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Sure, if you're okay with LSAC potentially delaying your score too.
    Mic drop
    4344 karma
    @nanchito said:
    Are experimental sections made up of old questions from previous pts?
    Never.
    4344 karma
    @shmhf666 said:
    different among different countries
    It's the same in US and Canada. It is different in other countries.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 2424 karma
    RC will make or break my score; hopefully it is not as bad as I think!
  • dannat1000dannat1000 Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    I had the septic tanks question, but I also had 3 LR sections, so likely experimental.
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 1650 karma
    @Alejandro

Same here..I feel pretty decent about LR/LG now that I've had time to digest the blur that was yesterday. I felt the RC was hard because of the middle 2 passages themselves and not necessarily the questions. I'm hoping that's the saving grace..the difficultly of the passages makes me feel a -8 bomb coming but I'm hoping that intuition to read for structure carried me through. Sound like where you're at mentally?
  • shmhf666shmhf666 Free Trial Member
    10 karma
    thank you Nicole!
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 2424 karma
    yea the third passage got the best of me to be honest. I forgot everything I learned from JY and just muscled myself through. The fourth passage seemed easy but I skimmed through it and the questions because I only had 5 minutes left. I felt I did much better than average on the first 4 sections by the way. Near perfect dare I say. The nasty parallel reasoning questions that usually take 1:30 minutes I was hammering in 15-20 seconds. Everything was going excellent until the last section, which was RC.
    4344 karma
    @danilphillips said:
    Just took the London exam. Had 2 LG so 1 must have been experimental. Lg is my weakest section so was not happy with two sections of it! I ran out of time for games definitely did not do well,
    However I found LR and RC to not be that difficult. Hard to say what I could have scored. Did anyone get a LR question about bats and hearing? For some reason this question has stuck with me.
    You had a different test.
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    @Alejandro what do you attribute to your ability to move through the parallel reasoning so much quicker than normal? Any tips on how you would suggest others approach those type of questions that would be helpful for their studies & PTs?
  • Cayenne43Cayenne43 Alum Member
    195 karma
    I can't remember most of the questions from the test. I had the LR (25) LG LR(26) LR(26) RC. I remember that the third LR section seemed harder than the first two, the games seemed average, and the topics of like two RC passages. I feel like I did okay overall but just can't remember the details. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is that normal?
  • pjbbadumpjbbadum Alum Member
    6 karma
    @heatherm93 said:
    I don't know if this had been said, but my experimental RC had a passage about Kafka.
    This is the only comment I've seen about this on 7sage or Reddit. I too got a 2nd RC with a comparative passage about Kafka.
  • heatherelizabethheatherelizabeth Alum Member
    146 karma
    @pjbbadum Wow, it's nice to finally hear from someone else who had that section. I was starting to think I imagined the entire thing.
  • rrustrrust Alum Member
    52 karma
    While I only took half the exam because of hurricane evacuation, I also had RC about Kafka ^. Found it to be a tough RC section.
    27809 karma
    @DeeJayGee , yeah this happens to me a lot. Reading through this thread over the last couple days, I’ve been wondering if I could recall anything so tried on my last PT without much success. I think it’s mostly because of 2009, lol, but I don’t think it’s a bad thing at all. When I finish a question or a passage or a game, I move on. Once it’s done, I no longer care that it exists; I give exclusive and intensive focus to the present question. It can be difficult to get your brain to move on from a tricky question, so I think this is healthy actually. Sounds like you’ve got moving on skills.
  • nathan.gencarellanathan.gencarella Free Trial Member
    5 karma
    Did anyone else take it in Europe? I'm trying to confirm the experimental section and had 2 LGs.
  • Liz L 123Liz L 123 Free Trial Member
    73 karma
    @Sheri123 I'm not Alejandro, but I've found that starting off by matching individual parts of the argument to eliminate answers speeds up the parallel reasoning considerably. I usually start with the conclusion. I mostly scan for mismatches between the level of certainty/proportion. For example, if the stimulus has "most __ are __" and any of the questions has "all __ are __" in the corresponding part of the argument, then that's out automatically. Or if the stimulus says "__ will __" and the answer has "probably" in there, then that's out. Focusing on pieces of the argument can typically eliminate at least two or three answer choices. It also makes the whole thing less overwhelming. Then you can actually read the two or three remaining options and evaluate them more carefully without wasting tons of time.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 1706 karma
    @"Liz L 123" wow; what an incredibly obvious, but also I'm embarrassed that I've never thought of this, strategy. Thanks! :D

*edit* I've implemented the "match parts" strategy, but never beginning with the conclusion. Very smart.
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    @"Liz L 123" thanks, I think I needed to be reminded of that, I use to do that more frequently than I have been recently. Great & thoughtful response. Thanks so much!
    8021 karma
    Can we get to page 5 already?
    11542 karma
    Who will be the lucky commentor? @Pacifico
    11542 karma
    The world may never know.