Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Putting It All Together

rcscogginsrcscoggins Member
in General 54 karma
Howdy Folks,

I'm thankfully coming to the end of this course after a long fought struggle with LG. I wanted to ask some of you veterans our there: I've been covering the LG portion of this course with a lot of patience and I haven't touched a lot on my other skills. I wanted to ask what were some of the ways many of you put the course all together for yourselves. Did you begin prep tests and pick a few days a week to go back through the old material? Did you dive right into the prep tests and only review the old material as you needed to while doing your BR? Did you take a few weeks to review old material before diving in? Thanks for any feedback folks, I appreciate it.

Comments

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @rcscoggins said:
    I'm thankfully coming to the end of this course after a long fought struggle with LG
    Congrats on the dedication to slay LG!!!
    If you are just starting PT phase, some people recommend going ahead and taking a full PT to jump right in! Me, I would re-do a few timed LR problem sets & an RC passage from the curriculum before taking a full PT to get re-acclimated.
    Depending on your PT schedule, always keep a few LG's around to keep those skills sharp - I have found if I have an unexpected break, LG is the skill that suffers the most.
    For future reference, I re-take a PT to get back into the groove if I have a disruption in my PT schedule.
    All the best:)
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 1650 karma
    Something that I personally found helpful was revisiting a lot of the intro to lawgic, some/most, valid and invalid argument forms once I had a base of PTs down.

You know how every time you watch a movie you pick up on details that you missed the first time? Felt the same way with those fundamental portions of the curriculum
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Did just the LG Bundle for a couple weeks, then jumped right into PTs and then after about 5 or so I started really letting the analytics guide my prep from there to shore up any weaknesses.
  • rcscogginsrcscoggins Member
    54 karma
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the feedback!
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 2086 karma
    Post LG fool proofing, I probably spent a week "putting it all together" before starting the PT phase. You really want to make sure that you've nailed down the fundamentals before moving on to the PT phase.
    That said, here is what I did for a week:
    Days 1-2: Opened syllabus, picked random LR problem sets, did them. Didn't bother watching the explanation videos since I wanted to get a lot done that week - I did view the videos for those questions that I got wrong or wasn't too sure about.
    Days 3-6: Spent 2 days drilling LG, then 2 days drilling RC.
    Day 7: Took the day off to relax before my next-day PT. I figured that this is what I'm going to do come the actual exam...so, I may as well get used to a few breaks here and there.
  • AddistotleAddistotle Member
    328 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I started really letting the analytics guide my prep from there to shore up any weaknesses.
    This helped me, so I would recommend it as well