Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When do you start taking tests?

in General 342 karma
I am currently working through the course and I am wondering do you typically complete the entire course lessons before taking another test? My diagnostic was test 56, so I still have the 2007 I can take. Should I take it now, that I have a more basic understanding... or take it once I am completely through the starter package course??? I guess I am semi desperate to see some improvement :)

Thx guys

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27885 karma
    Nah, hold off until you’re done, haha. It’s hard but you don’t want to burn any tests until you’re really ready to PT. We can’t remove the emotional element of using the scores to diagnose our progress entirely but when you do move into the PT/BR phase, remember that your goal at that point is to improve your understanding, not to see how far you’ve come. Right now, a PT will not improve your understanding. The curriculum will. The better you master the curriculum, the more you will get out of the PTs.
  • 342 karma
    ok thx!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    So I'm confused. The curriculum tells you to take the 2007 pt in the beginning of the course. Should we take it or hold off?
  • jessicaljjessicalj Alum Member
    172 karma
    @montahar Looks like 7Sage has the 2007 test at the beginning of the course as one easily accessible option for a diagnostic test. If you have already written another diagnostic under timed, test-like conditions, feel free to skip and come back to it once you're done with the curriculum! The point of the diagnostic is for you to have some frame of reference of where you're starting out.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @jessicalj makes sense! I'm thinking I should use my latest LSAT score as a diagnostic lol
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @montahar said:
    So I'm confused. The curriculum tells you to take the 2007 pt in the beginning of the course. Should we take it or hold off?
    Take it! And don't take any more PT's beyond that one until the schedule says so :D