Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official June LSAT Discussion Thread

1235»

Comments

• Liz L 123Liz L 123 Free Trial Member
    73 karma
    @BruiserWoods I can't take credit...got that out of a quick skim of the Powerscore Logical Reasoning Bible. But glad it's helping! They didn't say to do the conclusion first, so you're right on track. I just happened to find that more intuitive.

@Sheri123 No problem, good luck!
  • danilphillipsdanilphillips Alum Member
    200 karma
    @nathan.gencarella i took it in London. I had an experimental lg section.
  • StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    821 karma
    Anyone know whether the section with questions regarding minimum wage and politics with rain was real? Can't remember if it was same section as babblers.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 2424 karma
    Hey guys! Sorry for the delay here. @"Liz L 123" gives a very good point. What I did was first read the question stem to determine it is a parallel reasoning type question. Then I read the entire stimulus as I try to identify quirky aspects in the structure of the premises and/or the conclusion. What I do after is to quickly skim through the answer choices (I just look for those quirky structure thingys by the way. I don't read all the words in the answer choices) and instantly move on to the next one as soon as I find something about the structure that doesn't mach. I don't completely cross off the answer though since it is a very quick skim. As soon as I find an answer that matches my idea of the structure I double check it and then just move on to the next question. What takes the most time is reading through the stimulus and then the ACs really fly by. It's hard to explain what I do and the adrenaline of the test made me hyper focused and go much faster than usual. I remember a very long parallel reasoning question in the test in which not only the answer was E, but the LSAC writers had switched over the order of the 2 premises. That was the only AC in which the premises were inverted. I bubbled the answer and quickly told the writers in my mind that they won't trick me with that BS and that I didn't waste my time with that question like they wanted, gave myself an imaginary par on the back and then moved on. Anywho, hope that helps!
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Thanks @Alejandro that is very helpful!
  • nathan.gencarellanathan.gencarella Free Trial Member
    5 karma
    @danilphillips said:
    @nathan.gencarella i took it in London. I had an experimental lg section.
    Unfortunately I had an experimental LG also. I took it in London too though! I think I figured out which was experimental anyways though because I definitely had an LG section with the lead actor/understudy game and am almost positive I had the bike factory game in there too and both of them were mentioned as experimental ones in the other thread for the U.S. test. I'm assuming that this was my experimental section since I doubt that they'd use them as experimental for the States and real for us. Did you have those games too? The only one I remember semi clearly from the other LG section was the Reviews one.
  • leeban92leeban92 Free Trial Member
    60 karma
    I remember the lawyer/ do it yourself question being from an easier LR section. Well, at least I hope so
  • frielj1062frielj1062 Alum Member
    19 karma
    does anyone else agree that the June 2016 LSAT was the easiest exam we've come across?
  • guitarnaraguitarnara Alum Member
    365 karma
    Basing solely on how I feel post-exam? Maybe... But feelings can be deceiving.
  • AddistotleAddistotle Member
    328 karma
    @sh000ez
    @Sheri123 said:
    Any tips on how you would suggest others approach those type of questions that would be helpful for their studies & PTs?
    Draw it out, draw out every answer choice until you find the one that matches; tbh, I treated these like logic games questions .

Practice doing this is BR religiously, chain out every answer choice, get used to identifying the subtleties of the form you're matching at first, and once you see it in an answer choice, move on!

Confidence in your ability to quickly translate and identify the form, this gives you an anticipated answer choice, then match the form in an AC asap
  • Ginan AcostaGinan Acosta Free Trial Member
    14 karma
    My June 6th take was rescheduled and I just took it yesterday in Orlando. Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm on a mission to find out which of my 2 LG sections was the experimental.

Did any of you have a game about park/campground facilities? How about classes in 2 semesters?
  • Ginan AcostaGinan Acosta Free Trial Member
    14 karma
    Finally had my retake yesterday. I hope my score comes out with everyone else's!
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 1650 karma
    Is by the end of this week a reasonable timeline to expect scores? For Oct. 2015 the test was the 3rd and scores were released on the 22nd.

The release date on LSACs site is 6/30. Just wondering if they generally send them out before the posted date..which would seem rather unlike LSAC
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    @"Ron Swanson"
    http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/153643/LSAT-Score-Release-Dates-Scheduled-vs-Actual-Comparison-2004-2016

Last year and the year before, scores were sent out 6 days before the posted release date for June. 2013 was 4 days before.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 2481 karma
    While I do hope that they release them sometime this week, looks like the official release date itself is sooner this year than it was before, so the actual release might not be quite so many days earlier than scheduled.
    Last year:
    Test: June 8; Scheduled Jul 7 (29 days); Actual release Jul 1st; (23 days) ==> 6 days early
    This year:
    Test: June 6th; Scheduled June 30 (24 days).

Looks like ~23 days post test is the more typical release schedule; Oct 2015 was the shortest time in recent years (19 days).

I hope I'm wrong and they are getting faster at processing....
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    @runiggyrun ahhh i see. so you're saying that it seems like they're adjusting for the amount of time they think it's going to actually take them. hence, its a shorter quoted wait time this year?
    2481 karma
    @BruiserWoods said:
    seems like they're adjusting for the amount of time they think it's going to actually take them. hence, its a shorter quoted wait time this year?
    Yeah, that's my fear - which would put the release around Jun 29 - I'm telling myself to not obsessively check until then.
    The alternative would be that the LSAC is getting more efficient and they can still "beat" their new, shortened timeline by the same 6 days and we get results on June 24th. And then it snows in Los Angeles.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @runiggyrun said:
    I'm telling myself to not obsessively check until then.
    Shhhhhh we will let you know when it's gray day :) No worries.

2481 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" you have the best gifs - thanks for the hugs!
    Checking twitter and 7Sage every 30 minutes for grey day updates would still count as "obsessively checking". I'll try to save roaming data charges and focus on touring French champagne vineyards instead - at least until sometime next week.
    1650 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" gif game is always on point
    1650 karma
    Side note, what is gray day?
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    Gray day = score release day
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    They email you... No need to check anything.