Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wooden Pencil Woes

taylor_michelletaylor_michelle Alum Member
edited June 2016 in General 79 karma
Okay am I the only one that thinks this no mechanical pencils rule is a load of bs? I literally have blisters on my hands from sharpening pencils. And how am I supposed to do logic games with these blunt things?!?! Seriously lol. Has anyone found any techniques to deal with this?

[Admin edit: please refrain from using all-caps in titles :) ]

Comments

• guitarnaraguitarnara Alum Member
    365 karma
    I brought 15 freshly sharpened pencils to my exam. At home, I had an electric sharpener. No blister and no fuss.
  • Darth JuristDarth Jurist Member
    453 karma
    @"taylor_michelle" said:
    Okay am I the only one that thinks this no mechanical pencils rule is a load of bs
    I agree with you, it really is a load of bs, BUT, it is what it is. Best advice is to get used to working with them and not dwell on it.

For further pencil thread discussion, peruse the 7Sage Pencil Thread here for one of the greatest 7Sage discussions of all time.

It may seem unnecessary at first, but I have grown fond of my Staedtler Noricas and Blacking, long point pencil sharpener. Brings out the the office supply nerd in us all.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @"Darth Jurist" said:
    For further pencil thread discussion, peruse the 7Sage Pencil Thread here for one of the greatest 7Sage discussions of all time.
    Yep the way to go! Key lots of pencils and get the my first pencils for no blisters. But check out the pencil thread (linked above or below) for lots of amazing discussion and suggestions! https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2543/the-pencil-thread-7sage-style/p1
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Bring a bunch of pencils to the test. When I was taking group PTs, one of the other students would always bring 8+ wooden pencils. 6 were reserved for LG, the rest for the remaining sections.
    I usually bring 8 - 6 for LG, 2 for RC and LR.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @MrSamIam said:
    6 were reserved for LG, the rest for the remaining sections.
    I usually bring 8 - 6 for LG, 2 for RC and LR.
    I usually bring 6 for a test, but I actually like the idea of a pencil for each game, thanks for the tip
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 2086 karma
    @stepharizona Sure thing! I've found that I usually go through one pencil per game. In other words, my pencil becomes too dull to use on a game by the last question. Depending on how much you diagram, you can either reduce or increase the number of pencils per game.
    On another note...reading through my own post, I now understand why people often give LSAT takers the "wtf?" look...