Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Much Has 7Sage Improved Your LR?

MiliPatel1MiliPatel1 Alum Member
edited July 2014 in General 66 karma
I know you can't expect to see a huge increase in your LR score a day after you finish the 7sage course. But any success stories to keep me motivated would be great. I feel like I am really learning with 7sage but people on these forums still recommend buying either a manhattan LR book or the lsat trainer to supplement. I thought 7sage would give you everything you need as long as you drill, drill, drill and blind review is key right? I read through the powerscore bibles and by far I feel like 7sage is so much better.

Any insight would help!

Comments

• chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    I think the question depends on your level of comfort with the different LR question types. By this, I mean that if you feel after doing drills and watching the 7sage videos that you fully understand the fundamentals required to solve LR questions, then you may not need additional material. The reason a lot of people supplement the 7sage curriculum with outside sources, such as The Trainer, is to get more than one perspective on how to approach questions. The Trainer will have a lot of overlap with 7sage, but it will also have some information that 7sage may not have covered, and vice versa. For me, 7sage was enough to learn the fundamentals. However, I started studying last summer and been on and off until this summer. So, I bought the LSAT trainer to have additional sources and that extra bit of knowledge, considering I had the time and did not want to burn through PT's without fully understanding the core concepts necessary to succeed on PT's. So, in my opinion it really depends on you and your situation. If you are on a budget or a time constraint you may not want to waste the time and money to get essentially the same information (at its core). But, if you feel you need some extra help above and beyond 7sage then it may be a good idea to pick up an extra book. My personal preference with getting a LSAT self-study book (the trainer) was because I really dislike using my computer a lot. So, I liked having the option to occasionally move away from 7sage and reading a book. Also, I feel like for me personally, that I learn more from reading, compared to videos. While the videos definitely taught me most of what I know, sometimes the reading would allow me to pick up on things that I might have overlooked while watching videos. Again this depends on you and your learning style.

TL;DR: It depends on you. What is your preferred method of study? and how comfortable are you with the material (Post-7sage curriculum)
  • GraceloverGracelover Alum Member
    edited July 2014 440 karma
    Mine improved a lot...blind review and actually writing out explanations for why you got a certain question wrong, why the right answer is right, why the wrong answer is wrong, is also really key here too...on an easier section I went from minus 4 to minus 1, on a harder section I went from -8 to -5
  • elvisliveselvislives Alum Member
    97 karma
    My LR improved significantly through 7sage. The course gives you the foundation, but as recommended, doing timed PTs with a blind review is what really helped me. BR forces you to slow down, really digest the material, and then evaluate your strengths and weaknesses. I would say BR is the single most important thing you can do for your LSAT score. I went from -8 to -3 during timed sections, and -0 to -1 during BR. There is only so much course work you can do before needing to jump right in... The progress will come! Good luck.
  • MiliPatel1MiliPatel1 Alum Member
    66 karma
    chrijani7: Thanks so much for the input! I am currently still halfway through the 7sage program. Should be done with the course in about 2 weeks. Should I wait to finish and take a couple practice tests to see where I stand then decide if I need another book to supplement LR. That is the only section I am really worried about. I hear 7Sage is the best for LG and Reading Comp I have been improving how I read and find RC can be improved with practice.

Also a question about the Trainer- does Mike Kim explain LR stuff more easily or a better way then JY or did the Trainer tie everything we learned in 7Sage together. Any other suggestions on how to improve LC or any particular book to get?

Thanks in advance!
    66 karma
    Elvislives: VERY TRUE. I think as soon as I finish the course I need to stop dipping my toes in the water and just jump in with tests. Blind review them and improve that way. I need to stop thinking there is a magic book that will help me with a section, in the end I need to just drill drill drill. Thanks so much!

I am taking the Feb 2015 LSAT btw. And I plan on studying a little bit everyday and taking a test or two a week during my fall semester of college. Do you think I have enough time??
  • carreno.katecarreno.kate Alum Member
    135 karma
    I noticed this thread the other day, and forgot to comment. On my diagnostic exam I think I missed ten or twelve LR questions. But on my most recent PT I got one LR question wrong on the entire exam. I think you should definitely expect to see improvement in LR following the blind review method, but it will take some time to click! Good luck!
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    I believe it has worked wonders with my LR... I seriously think that 7sage and the Trainer when combined have the ability to more easily draw out a students maximum potential than any of the other resources that I have sampled... i.e. Powerscore LR bible and Manhattan LR. This is of course my opinion and I do know that both of those are great resources and will work tremendously well for some people. I am just stating what I believe worked for me.
  • cuttelattecuttelatte Alum Member
    7 karma
    As a female, I think 7sage is better than chocolate!!!!
    66 karma
    Thanks for the answers guys!

-Nilesh S- So is your end recommendation to still buy the LSAT Trainer? Or should I wait to see where I stand after I finish my 7Sage course/take a few practice tests and see if I need to get another book?

3438 karma
    Well I'm doing the trainer just this round and it is helpful... I would advocate buying it simply because you want to get the best prep done and you feel that you may need a different perspective... but you won't 'lose out' so to speak if you don't... I just prepared with 7sage the first time round and I got a 163 but not because of my LR... that was due to the fact that I bombed my games section and got a -9 because of the fact that my migraine meds had not kicked in. So try 7sage's course with a few practice tests first if you have not bought it... because you should only get something if you need it.... it is a great resource but if you are already where you need to be... then why invest extra?
    66 karma
    Thanks so much for the advice!! I will definitely see where I stand after a few tests first.
    3438 karma
    All the best MiliPatel1... I'm sure you will do just fine.