Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crashed and burned

danilphillipsdanilphillips Alum Member
in General 200 karma
So I did much worse than I thought I would on the June LSAT, like worse than all my pt's. Where do I go from here? Just redo the whole curriculum? Has this happened to anyone else? Not feeling great although I know I should have given myself more time.

Comments

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    This happened to me too. And on top of that I have been already studying for 2 years. My score was significantly lower than my PT average. Although it could be attributed to lack of sleep (got 2 hours), I am still concerned. Although the common knowledge is that law school is always around, I am 24 atm and would like to apply this cycle. I read on jd-underground forum that first year associates tend to be in the late 20s and firms prefer those at the age range. Can anyone verify?
  • heatherelizabethheatherelizabeth Alum Member
    146 karma
    I'm in a similar position. Scored 6 points below where I wanted to be. I think my plan is to take a PT from the 50s or 60s and really analyze my weak spots based on my BR. Then, I will make a plan of attack. I think that will involve revisiting some curriculum, watching webinars, re-working my strategy in certain sections, etc. Then drill and PT until September!
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @westcoastbestcoast said:
    I read on jd-underground forum that first year associates tend to be in the late 20s and firms prefer those at the age range.
    That's a lie. They do not PREFER "that age range." I'm 30 and start this fall. Big law gunner here and firms prefer substantive work experience and business acumen. 27 year olds don't have that with extremely rare exceptions. And that's basically accusing firms of age discrimination.
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    Thank you for the clear up @"Nicole Hopkins" . I was freaking out for a moment, especially because I dont have much outside world experience besides having some remote consulting work for a start up.
  • danilphillipsdanilphillips Alum Member
    edited June 2016 200 karma
    lol well I'm 35, married with 2 kids and on 3rd career although hoping to be a public defender. Well, if at first you don't succeed... With the career I'm choosing I imagine I'll be taking lots of hits.