Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finished with the curriculum

kaycl469kaycl469 Alum Member
in General 54 karma
Hey guys, so I completed the curriculum last week which took around three months. I am aiming to write the test in September 2016. I only wrote one practice test after finishing the curriculum and realized that my LR and RC need more improvement. Timing was also an issue since I could not get to all the LR questions and the last RC passage. Should I be doing PTs right away or go back to the curriculum and drill LR/RC? Also, I know that the schedule recommends doing PT36 to the most recent, but should I skip a few of the older ones so I will be able to complete the recent ones in time for September? Any feedback is appreciated! I just want to know what other 7sagers did after finishing the curriculum but weren't reaching the level of accuracy they wanted. Thank you!

Comments

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    You can go right through like the schedule recommends, or you can mix them up, see the BR calendar to see what that group will be doing as a reference.

Depending on how many tests you will do a week, depends on you and your needs. You can drill some out in timed sections and take others as full simulations.

If you're accuracy is not there, I would revisit the old questions and really look at the patterns of your reasoning vs how the answer should have been solved. That can help with accuracy as well, then really its just practice practice practice.
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    I would recommend taking stock of the PTs and planning to do 2 per week up until September. If I'm not mistaken, I think that comes out to roughly 20ish? PTs between now and 9/24.

I used a calendar to schedule out my PT days. I always did PTs on Tuesdays and Saturday mornings. While the older tests are obviously relevant and helpful for improvement, definitely make sure you're well exposed to the most recent exams before you take the Sept LSAT.

Some people take PTs in chronological order but others jump around..really up to personal preference. The test has definitely evolved over time, and you'd like notice a considerable difference (not necessarily in difficulty) when taking PT36 in comparison to 77.

I'd recommend skipping around but moving in a somewhat chronological order. Start with the late 30s, jump to 40s, mix in some 50s, then concentrate your efforts and really hit 60s-77. Remember, its about quality not quantity! It's much more beneficial to take 20ish PTs under strict timing and with excellent BR than taking 30PTs and putting in a poor effort
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    Assuming your LG is in check it is PT time for you babyyy!! Hammer out practice + BR and you'll see your score increasing. Go back to the curriculum when needed after about 5 tests when the analytics can give you reliable insight into your weaknesses.
  • KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma
    do u mind me asking what was your improvement since you started curriculum? i am soon about to finish mine as well, and was wondering how much people improved since they started
  • kaycl469kaycl469 Alum Member
    edited August 2016 54 karma
    @stepharizona @"Ron Swanson" @Alejandro Thanks for the advice guys!