Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Start with newest tests and work backwards anyone?

Coolmama09Coolmama09 Alum Member
edited July 2016 in General 156 karma
I read here and there that the newest tests are harder and I should do my tests backwards in case you run of of time on my prep. Has anyone done this?

Comments

• Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    I would not advise this. In reality, probably wouldn't be THAT bad..Id just recommend moving in some form of chronological order.

If you're worried about time just skip around starting with the 30s and move up from there making sure that you finish your PT schedule by loading up on the most recent ones closer to test day.

Quality of PTs/BR is much more important to your improvement than forcing yourself to take all of the tests!
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Yeah I agree with Ron. You want to hone your skills on the earlier tests so you are prepared for the later tests, so you know you are making errors because of a lack of processing, not a lack of not knowing how to do each problem.
    @"Ron Swanson" said:
    Quality of PTs/BR is much more important to your improvement than forcing yourself to take all of the tests!
    And this is VERY true.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    NOOOOOOO.

You don't even need to actually take all the tests. Save the 70s til the very end of your prep.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Satan has tempted you! Don't do such a thing!
  • Coolmama09Coolmama09 Alum Member
    156 karma
    holy moly. SOOOOOo glad i asked and thank you for guiding me away from DOOM!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @Coolmama09 said:
    SOOOOOo glad i asked and thank you for guiding me away from DOOM!
    ask and you shall receive! :D
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    I actually disagree with the others, to an extent. I think you shouldn't take PT70s until the end of your study but I think it's advisable to take some mix of PT50s and 60s in the middle of your study. I went the conventional route going from PT20-later when I studied the first time around and noticed that I formed some bad habits in the earlier tests that I didn't know were bad habits until I hit the later PTs. This will probably also depend on your weaknesses but for me LR and RC got harder for me because they played against the study habits I had formed. By the time I realized this, it was 2/3 weeks before test dates.
  • Coolmama09Coolmama09 Alum Member
    156 karma
    @BruiserWoods , lol. I can literally hear the NOOOOOOO coming out of the screen. Noted! @blah170blah , thank you so much for your perspective and your experience was talked about by other folks as well (not here but good old google) so that's what prompted my curiosity/anxiety. Thanks so much all!
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    Just make sure you schedule time to get the most recent 10 pt's in before you actually take the test. I agree with others that you want to hone your skills but don't wait until the last minute to take the new PT's.

Really as long as you BR properly any strategy should be more than fine. So long as you have finished the course.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    I mean if you like MUST see a newer test and you're just DYING from impatience, fine. Take a 60s or a 50s. But I wouldn't do 67-77 until like - you're 100% SOLID on foundation things. You cannot get those back.