Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Favorite Law Movie/Show Is:

SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
in General 11542 karma
The title speaks for itself! Besides the typical movies such as The Paper Chase and To Kill A Mocking Bird, my favorite movie that has a law vibe to it is My Cousin Vinny. Not the typical movie to give you that lawyer feeling but it's funny and thought provoking at the same time. Now post yours :D

Comments

• annannannannannann Alum Member
    304 karma
    Legally Blonde, hands down :)
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    But she got a 179 after two weeks of studying!!!! @"Ann California"
  • StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    821 karma
    Suits
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    Suits
    edited July 2016 11542 karma
    Wow, two for Suits. I've seen an episode or two of The Good Wife and enjoyed it.
  • quinnxzhangquinnxzhang Member
    611 karma
    I second My Cousin Vinny. Really liked Joe Pesci's performance, and the judge's voice in the movie conveyed such gravitas. I've also heard that it's fairly accurate and is sometimes used as a teaching aid.
  • 24 karma
    My favorite show is law~ish related...Scandal :D
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    I'm also giving a shout out to My Cousin Vinny. Definite classic
  • TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma
    Suits!
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    edited July 2016 3107 karma
    The wire. Then My cousin vinny. Then 12 angry men
    11542 karma
    @quinnxzhang wow I never knew that thanks for sharing :)
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    My Cousin Vinny and Better Call Saul
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited July 2016 12637 karma
    Liar Liar though...
  • jikky.tjikky.t Member
    8 karma
    How To Get Away With Murder!
    Shonda Rhimes is a genius!
    11542 karma
    Hahhaha how can I forget Liar Liar @"Dillon A. Wright"
  • gparmar92gparmar92 Alum Member
    edited July 2016 153 karma
    Suits
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    edited July 2016 5120 karma
    @quinnxzhang said:
    the judge's voice in the movie conveyed such gravitas. I've also heard that it's fairly accurate and is sometimes used as a teaching aid.
    Too funny that Herman Munster of the old tv show the Munsters would elevate his law status:P And he was awesome in that role, My Cousin VInny fave comedic law movie...
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    No one said Paper Chase? Y'all are missing out!
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    I can say Game of Thrones because @"J.Y. Ping" showed how to look for logical arguments... :)
    1278 karma
    @stepharizona I was also going to say Game of Thrones!! That show is so addicting, I'm holding off of GOT and Suits until post September LSAT though..
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Suits, and from the few scenes I've seen from My Cousin Vinny, I'm sure it too would make the list.
    3197 karma
    @sweetsecret said:
    I'm holding off of GOT and Suits until post September LSAT though..
    I just did another binge watch from Monday to right before Nicoles office hours and watched them all 1-6 again. Ha did sections in between with review... but there were a few things driving me nuts so I had to see again. Now I am purged of GOT and there isnt any TV on that I like so I am good.

I also like to watch Elementary during my breaks as Sherlock is all logic. But I need to start working out again, so the new rule is TV is on, only when I am on the treadmill.
    3197 karma
    @doneill3389 said:
    No one said Paper Chase? Y'all are missing out!
    This should mandatory watching for anyone before they start to study for the LSAT ha
    11542 karma
    @stepharizona said:
    just did another binge watch from Monday to right before Nicoles office hours and watched them all 1-6 again.
    I don't understand how people binge watch tv shows lol. I've tried before and had to stop by episode 2. Awks.
    11542 karma

@MrSamIam said:
    from the few scenes I've seen from My Cousin Vinny, I'm sure it too would make the list.
    Can't go wrong with a movie starring Joe Pesci!
    1278 karma
    @stepharizona

Ahh I'm sooo jealous of you!! I'm at the beginning of GOT season 5, and the end of season 5 Suits.. Suits is about to resume so all the little clips on instagram have been driving me crazy, but I'm completely purging myself so I don't get tempted.. I figure I've held out for 2-3 months already, another few months won't hurt..

I like to work out too! I haven't worked out in 2-3 weeks, but I am going to start tomorrow hopefully. It really motivates me, gets my day going, helps me be productive, AND it's supposed to be great for the brain :D
    3197 karma
    You just sit and do nothing @montahar its pretty easy haha... Or walk on a treadmill and just watch and listen. If im not totally invested ill work on my computer concurrently.

When Id have 80 hour work weeks it was easy to just zone out and watch an entire season. Over a weekday/end.

I dont get how people can play video game for hours... But a lot of people do.

Im the same way with a book, once I start, Ill read the entire thing in one sitting and if its a series Ill read all of the books in a weekend. So usually I wont start a book series until theyve all been published.

Ive become better of not binging, but something was bothering me on GOT so I decided to get it out of my brain before I went back into full time studying after this weekend.

Quirky... I know...
  • LARamsNationLARamsNation Member
    592 karma
    Wow... not ONE mention of The Good Wife? 5 Different actors from that show received Emmys for their performances. One of the best drama's on television period. Redefined the procedural format by adding a super captivating storyline . Much more interesting cases than any of the other law driven series on tv. Though I will say The Wire is right up there with Mad Men as the greatest shows of all time.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    Damages, The Wire, Better Call Saul, The Thine Blue Line, The Jinx, and Making a Murderer. I'm about to watch the movie Presumed Innocent, but Idk if it's any good.
    11542 karma
    @LARamsNation you spoke too soon haha. Scroll up, I mentioned The Good Wife as a show I enjoyed. Looking forward to watching more of it
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    A few good men is a great movie, too. In cold blood is also a fantastic book and film.

For documentaries, Making a Murderer and Paradise Lost are worth checking out.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    My cousin Vinny, and Legally blonde are classics. But, OH man @mes08 I saw Making a Murderer a few weeks ago on netflix. I was yelllling at my tv, yelling! Im still yelling. Def a must see.

Now that Walking Dead is over (which features badass former lawyer Michonne, and Andrea in the earlier seasons) Im just pondering who died last season. Don't even get me started.

I binged watched Game of Thrones a few months ago and my life hasent been the same. But watch it for the logic of course lol. (sike)

If you're into funny logic, I highly recommend Shameless.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @nanchito said:
    which features badass former lawyer Michonne
    wtf I didn't know Michonne was a former Lawyer, I love her.
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    My husband & I binged watched Damages, I think I'm still slightly traumatized by it. Just kidding (sort of).
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2016 2098 karma
    Suits/Better Call Saul
    12 Angry men
  • arjay.ratcliffearjay.ratcliffe Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    Law Abiding Citizen!! And Suits of course.
  • aleun62aleun62 Free Trial Member
    76 karma
    Completely agree with @LARamsNation. TGW is miles ahead of Suits, no question. Really interesting discussions about technology and such amusing snapshots of other court systems.
  • LARamsNationLARamsNation Member
    592 karma
    lol @montahar and @aleun62 ... indeed. Suits is a cookie cutter version of TGW. Entertaining, almost has an Entourage feel to it, but TGW takes the legal drama to another level.
    11542 karma
    Thanks for participating on this thread everyone. I have new movies and shows to check out now :D
  • aaro.nj1aaro.nj1 Alum Member
    10 karma
    the first episodes of law and order, first time i ever thought being a lawyer would be cool
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    Legally Blonde and SVU. I also enjoy How to Get Away With Murder
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    I mean, obviously MCV wins out in the end, but Boston Legal's alright.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @montahar said:
    I mentioned The Good Wife as a show I enjoyed. Looking forward to watching more of it
    They ended the series this Spring, tears:(
    11542 karma
    @twssmith said:
    They ended the series this Spring, tears:(
    They have this on netflix CANADA...grrrr
  • Slim_JimSlim_Jim Alum Member
    105 karma
    Suits, The Good Wife, and the movie Fracture
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Suits is one of my favorite shows! I know big law isn't anything like that, but it is fun to watch and imagine it is :D
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    I just started Veep. So good!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2016 23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" I didn't know that show was legal at all? I see it on HBOGo all the time and never considered it. I might have to check it out!
    Edit: Nevermind, it turns out it is right up my alley. It has politics, law, and good actors!
  • 1025 karma
    SUITS all the way. I am super upset I've been behind on the current season because of school, but I guess priorities are important(:
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    “The Night of” is amazing. Suits is hit or miss, although I do love Louis. But seriously, everyone should be watching “The Night of”. Gripping.