Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just finished LG Bundle, What to do next for LG?

Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
edited July 2016 in Logic Games 2098 karma
I am aiming for -1 or -2 on LG and I just finished LG Bundle (30 seconds ago) using @Pacifico attack strategy. I kept track of my timing and score for each game from PT 1-35. What should I do to improve further? I was thinking to put my results in an excel spreadsheet to find those games which took me 10 or more takes to hit the target time and fool proof them again? Or take PT 1-35 LG games in section formats under 35 minutes?

Comments

• blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Why not both? LG is a section where repeated exposure to the same games is advantageous, as it'll give you a frame of reference if you ever see a game that seems unfamiliar on the real test.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @nader.parham said:
    I was thinking to put my results in an excel spreadsheet to find those games which took me 10 or more takes to hit the target time and fool proof them again? Or take PT 1-35 LG games in section formats under 35 minutes?
    Yes, both are invaluable.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Also, when you take a PT, add those games into the rotation. Lots of Games beyond the bundle!
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    Thanks guys for the advice, I am a little short on time. If I have to prioritize which one would you think comes first?
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Nader - so great to see you:) Have you finished your classes yet or are you still trying to combine your studies with LSAT?
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Timed sections. You should have enough time left to do 1 timed section of LG if you do 1 section/day.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    Hi @nader.parham! Great job! You pretty much have the right idea I'd say. Always keep games in rotation and make sure you're killing the ones that gave you a hard time. Maybe make up a section of the hardest games and drill it, maybe you can start all over again. Maybe take a pt and see what you should work on next?
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    edited July 2016 1128 karma
    Nader one thing you will realize is that the skill set for completing the bundle and the skill set for navigating four games on a fresh PT are different. The bundle prepares you with the background in inferences and knowing how to set up a game, but the PTs will teach you to how to handle unexpected additions to games, and how to use your time well when you don't know how long a game is "supposed" to take. I would suggest you move into PTs to get a sense for this new task before you dive back into the bundle.
    edited July 2016 2098 karma
    @twssmith thanks for remembering :) I am still taking courses but I am pretty sure I can get 4.0 GPA while squeezing in an hour of LSAT study per day
    @blah170blah you are right I think I can do at least a section/day, thanks for the advice
    @nanchito rotation part is really difficult to keep track of after bundle but you are right I have to master those hard games
    @allison.gill.sanford just one question, by move into PTs are you referring to PT1-35 (time LG sections) or taking full fresh PTs?
  • The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma
    Celebrate!
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    Are you taking PT's yet? If you are, start foolproofing the LG sections from PT's you've already done. I agree with the above posters that suggest proofing as full sections rather than individual games going forward - ideally you want to foolproof until you can do the section with time to spare, to account for familiarity with the game.
    If you're not taking PT's I'd say start doing that and then foolproof those sections.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Wait, have you tried drilling a section yet? If not, do so. Find out if you're in the -1/-2 range. If you're short on time, drill LG sections. If you're nowhere near your target range, fool proof those 4 games that you just drilled. Then, repeat with a new set of games.
    1128 karma
    @nader.parham I mean taking fresh PTs with games you haven't seen before, that's how you build on what the bundle teaches you. But you could also just take the LG section from a fresh PT if you are crunched for time or can't take full PTs right now (since you have summer class going on).
    2098 karma
    @allison.gill.sanford I got it, I will take full PTs and add LG sections to my rotation.
    Since so many mentors have commented :) I wanted to ask is it realistic to aim for LG -1/-2 on the actual test? have anyone of managed to get -1/-2 on the real one?
    1128 karma
    Yeah, that's totally realistic, but you will need to master that section. You can do it, but it takes time! I got -4 on my administration, which was largely due to the third game (December 2015) which was irregular. Most people who score high get their LG down to -0/-2 average.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    I think it's realistic - lots of people, even some who are not aiming for >170 seem to be able to get almost perfect scores in LG on the real test by using the foolproof method. Looks like LG is the strong section for a lot of people on 7Sage.
    I ended up getting a -4 in June after totally freezing over the not very difficult game 3, but I'm very spatially challenged and takes me an ungodly long time to figure out spatial relationships in both real life and LSAT.
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    I built an Excel spreadsheet listing all the games that either gave me trouble (I was pretty liberal with what this meant: I thought it was hard; I took too much time; whatever) and games where I missed questions. Don't worry if the list gets huge: I had over 150 games on mine. I tried to do every game on the list at least once every 3-4 weeks. If a game still gave me trouble, I watched JY's video or I drilled the shit out of it for a day.

I don't believe someone can have too much practice on games, so the more games you do and the more you repeat, the better off you will be.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Nader, when you got the news that you had to take UGrad classes in shortened summer classes to apply to law school, it was a potentially devastating moment where you could have decided to cut your losses and find another career. With GPA being a significant part of Canadian school acceptances, it is a testament to you to make sure you make the grades while still keeping your LSAT studies going on the side. We are here to support you:) Gotta love your 7Sage friends that miss you on the webinars, office hours and BR calls. Looking forward to you being back at lsat full-time:) - but don't rush it:)
  • rachelrachel Alum Member
    207 karma
    I feel like I should know this by now, but what *exactly* is the Bundle? I have some of the old PTs (in a 10 Actual LSAC book with PTs 7, 9-16 and 18), and another 10 Actual book of PTs 19-28. Is that adequate?
    edited July 2016 2098 karma
    @rachel bundle includes all the games in LG sections from PT1-35, it depends what score you are aiming for, but if you cannot obtain all the released LSAT your priority should be to buy recent ones first I am sure other more qualified 7Sagers can chip in.
    @twssmith I missed the webinars, office hours and BR calls, I'll be back as soon as I am done with these summer classes :)
    @allison.gill.sanford and @runiggyrun thanks for sharing your experience, I have to get -2 on LG in order to make up for my RC.
    @Accounts Playable thanks for the advice I built the Excel spreadsheet already, I just need to put the time in to do those hard games over and over again