Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic Games Bible?

Kristen BKristen B Member
edited July 2016 in General 388 karma
Hey Guys!

I am retaking the LSAT in December, and I realized I really need to start with fundamental training. So, I am starting with logic games. Would any of you suggest Powerscore's logic games bible or should I just stick to 7Sage + the LSAT trainer + fool proof method of the Cambridge bundles for lg?

Thanks,
Kristen

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    The LG Bible is awful. The LR Bible is actually okay on a few things (terrible on others), but as for LG, I think you could study much more effectively with just about anything else.

For Games, it really doesn't get any better than the 7Sage curriculum. I'm assuming you've seen the YouTube videos, and signing up the the starter pack is all you need for full access to the strategies behind those.
  • Kristen BKristen B Member
    388 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" wow, thank goodness I dodged a bullet.

Actually, I completed the 7 Sage Premium course, however due to financial restraints, I am unable to re-pay for the course since I passed my renewal date. So, I was trying to find other helpful sources to utilize.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited July 2016 11542 karma
    sheesh @"Cant Get Right" , I didn't find the LG Bible to be that bad haha, it actually helped me a bit. Everyone's different. If I were to go back though, I'd just stick to 7sage and the Trainer....both are amazing. Since you completed 7sage and are unable to renew, I would read the Trainer and then begin PTing with BR. The Trainer drills are pretty awesome.

EDIT: I concur with the above however, 7sage owns LG, and the fact that you can attain all the games from YouTube is something you should take up....it's invaluable. (I think I said "invaluable" 33254 times this week).
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @"Kristen B" said:
    Actually, I completed the 7 Sage Premium course, however due to financial restraints, I am unable to re-pay for the course since I passed my renewal date. So, I was trying to find other helpful sources to utilize.
    Hey Kristen, send me an email and I'll help you out with reactivating your account.
    dillon@7sage.com
  • ToxoplasmosisToxoplasmosis Alum Member
    233 karma
    Honestly I think the PS LG Bible - similar to the rest of the bibles - is very effective at laying a solid foundation but fails in teaching students mastery of games. Obviously your mileage may vary but I find 7sage great for supplementing and building on the foundational skills I learned with Powerscore.
  • leejayleeleejaylee Alum Member
    edited July 2016 218 karma
    I honestly believe 7sage LG is bomb (as in the best...). I went from -2 to -5 on LG to consistently 0. I did use the Cambridge packets (1-38) for drilling. I also used the LG bible but that was before I heard of 7sage. LG bible was good to get a solid foundation of the games (like Toxoplasmosis says above), but I was glad I didn't follow the book closely. Ultimately, I ended up finding my own variation between the bible + 7sage to fit my strengths.
    388 karma
    @montaha.rizeq @Toxoplasmosis @leejaylee

Thank you so much for the advice guys, I was working through the bible and it didn't seem too bad, but I think I may focus on completing the 7Sage course (since I was able to regain access) in addition to the Lsat Trainer.

I skipped the LG section the first time I went through the trainer because of mixed reviews but now I am going to give it a shot!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    I am so glad you are going to work thru LG on 7Sage. I actually found this site when Powerscore LG sent me running to the hills to escape their explanations that did not fit my personal learning style. No knocks on PS LG, it works for a few people I have talked to but not many:)
    @"Kristen B" said:
    7Sage course (since I was able to regain access)
    @"Dillon A. Wright" and 7Sage are the best!!
  • YesSarahYesSarah Alum Member
    137 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    I didn't find the LG Bible to be that bad haha, it actually helped me
    I also used PS LG and found it helpful. Before I started 7sage I was usually getting -0 on the LG sections. It took a lot of practice though and only happened in the last couple of months.

I have yet to get to the LG lessons in the 7sage core curriculum so I'm not sure how it compares.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    I did the tri and found it worked well for me. I took bits and pieces from each (7Sage/LSAT Trainer/PS) and other stuff so I have my methods down. Its all about what works for you. Some people LOVE the MH LG and its really confusing to me, but it works for others.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2016 3545 karma
    My suggestion for LG, unlike the other sections, is to stick with one. Every book has a different language for describing games and using notation so it's important to be consistent. Maybe someone here who has jumped ship from one material to another can speak different but in my experience, I've found switching from one method to another to be super confusing.

For example, I took Blueprint and, despite not using any of their other stuff, I still use their way of notating for simplicity sake. It could very well be that BP is just better suited to me and that my original claim is wrong (i.e switching can be beneficial) but this has at least been my experience with LG.
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    One thing I really liked with the Trainer is Mike Kim's way of representing subsets on the board when they come up. JY doesn't have a similar method. That is really the only addition to 7Sage from the Trainer that I made, but I agree in general with @blah170blah that having too much input on how to do games can confuse you with multiple systems. Ultimately you need to pick what works for you and stick with it, but 7Sage is the better system to start with - then consider supplementing with other materials.
    388 karma
    @twssmith @YesSarah @stepharizona @blah170blah @allison.gill.sanford

Thanks for the advice guys! As most of you have suggested, it is important to do whats best for me. With that being said, I don't think I want to confuse too many ideologies especially with LG, where there are so many ways and methods to arrive to one answer. So, I am going to re-do the 7Sage LG curriculum and maybe supplement it with the trainer.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Kristen B" Do one first (7sage) then if you would like, begin reading the trainer. I only suggest this because they truly go well with each other and there's no contradictions (opposed to 7sage with powerscore etc). Even if you don't read the trainer, I'm glad to see you're back on 7sage it outperforms all lol
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    I’m kind of interested to glance back at the LG Bible now. It’s possible that it’s a perfectly fine method. I started with the Bible, so of course I would struggle more at the beginning. I studied it for about three months and was at around -10 when I switched to 7Sage. When I completed 7Sage Games curriculum I started averaging around -2 from my very first section out of the curriculum. After doing some fool proofing, I went on a run of 5 PTs at -0. It feels very unlikely to me that this is merely coincidental, but I’m also enormously biased. Perhaps right when things were starting to click from Bible is when I joined 7Sage and misattributed the “clicking” to the switch. I’m still highly skeptical of that, but I’m open to the possibility considering so many capable folks have had a different experience with it. I'll take a look back and reconsider, but for now, I’m sticking to my story!
  • annannannannannann Alum Member
    edited July 2016 304 karma
    I didn't really like the PowerScore LG bible because the boards they suggest are wayyy too cluttered and hard to read. The LSAT Trainer is awesome for honing in on some complex "or", conditional rules, and math inferences for the logic games!