Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any 7Sage high scoring (170+) success stories out there?

mantel123mantel123 Member
in General 20 karma
Hey everybody - just joined 7sage a few weeks ago and have been absolutely loving the curriculum. I took the LSAT last January and prepared by using Mike Kim's LSAT Trainer (great book) and scored a 165 which I'm proud of, but want to really bust into a significantly higher score.

Anyways, I'm just wondering if there are people out there who have done so on the actual test by using 7sage. I know there are, and I thought there might be a thread dedicated to people celebrating their success - I just haven't been able to find it! If so, someone please kindly direct me to the right place. :) I'm just looking for some real-life motivation!

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    There's a category of people on 7sage that are given the "Sage" title meaning they scored a 170+ using the 7sage curriculum. @"Nicole Hopkins" @"Accounts Playable" are of the few. There's also a handful of people who have been scoring in the 170s on their PTs and BR on here. I'm a freshie at 7sage and still at the beginning stages of the curriculum but the support/advice and knowledge I've gained thus far surpasses the previous methods of study that I tried so I can hope and expect the same out of you if you're dedicated :) plus to get in the 170s from a 165 is totally doable!!!
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @mantel123 said:
    Anyways, I'm just wondering if there are people out there who have done so on the actual test by using 7sage.
    Yep--Plenty of us, anyone with the title of "Sage" scored above 170 (and all of us were 7Sagers).
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma
    Just to clarify, Sages are a subset of Mentors. So Sage -> Mentor which means that if you weren't a Mentor, you can't be a Sage.

(There may have been an exception or two but that's the rule.)
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Here are a few links for great success stories:
    Nicole Hopkins 18 Point success story webinar -
    https://7sage.com/webinar/my-18-point-increase-story/

Quicksilver - Jimmy's success story
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/3177/thank-you-7sage
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/6082/got-into-berkely-law-thank-you-7sage

There are so many more & I will post them as I find them:)
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    edited July 2016 1024 karma
    Nope. Goose Egg. Zilch. Zero.

Usually you come to 7sage if you want to do the bare minimum. @"J.Y. Ping" and @"Nicole Hopkins" both aimed for a 150 ish and were able to lock that score up going through the course and taking about 80 PT's. If you want a score in the 170's use "LSAT for dummies" and take a really expensive class. The more money you pay for a class the higher score you will get.

I literally Lol'd writing that. Yes many of us have and are currently doing so.
    11542 karma
    @LSATKingsman lol busted
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    @mantel123 shout out to you for having ambition. You're in the right place to make the strides from 165 to 170 if you're willing to work for it.

I personally increased 18 points (146-164) from diagnostic to my recent June LSAT using 7sage and I'm aiming for 170 in Sept. We got this!
  • msct2239msct2239 Member
    46 karma
    Self-studying with just 7sage, I went from 165 (first 'cold' diagnostic) to 171 (June test) in just over two months. You can do it!
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    I took the September 2014 LSAT and scored a 161. I joined 7sage soon after getting that score back and started studying seriously; I earned a 174 in June 2016. Without this site, I don't think I would have been able to do it. Best decision I've made so far.
  • dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    how you use LSAT trainer? just reading?
    11542 karma
    @dennisgerrard the LSAT Trainer has drills to do after chapters which are so helpful, but yes for the most part is reading and becoming familiar with LSAT strategies for game day.
  • dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    thx. I am sticking to the LSAT blog schedule and watch 7 sage video.@montahar
    11542 karma
    You're in good hands @dennisgerrard :)
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    edited July 2016 1128 karma
    @mantel123 my progression was from 156 diagnostic -> 173 administration, check out my webinar on prep for 170+ if you want to know more about my study process.
    11542 karma
    @allison.gill.sanford said:
    check out my webinar on prep for 170+
    by far one of the best webinars! here's the link: https://7sage.com/webinar/lsat-prep-for-170-plus/
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    Thanks @montaha.rizeq glad you found it helpful!
  • theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma
    haha I feel like my goal is so low compared to all of you, I just want a 165 so I can get into UConn, figured being a veteran will make me stand out and with a good score they'll over look my shitty gpa haha. reading this motivated me, hell if I can get a 170 I would probably cry when reading the email. so lets hope I get some tears soon, sept 24 here I come!
    11542 karma
    @giordanifabiano said:
    hell if I can get a 170 I would probably cry when reading the email. so lets hope I get some tears soon
    You and me both, pal. LETS DO DIS
  • theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma
    @montaha.rizeq lets do this !! 170 here we go I'm finishing off my blind review for test 37 now it looks promising !
  • cahunt5221cahunt5221 Alum Member
    edited July 2016 47 karma
    I didn't read all of the comments @mantel123 so forgive me if I'm repeating, but before using 7sage I scored a 166 on the October exam which was well below my pt's. After about a month and a half of hammering on the basics using the 7sage curriculum, I upped to a 169, which still could have been better had I given myself more time to engage in the curriculum. Work/school time constraints etc... I feel like your situation is probably pretty analogous to what mine was so thought I would share!