Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boston Area Study Group

peteyj42peteyj42 Free Trial Member
in General 67 karma
Hello 7sagers and future sages,
Is anyone in the Boston Area interested in meeting to study, particularly about high difficultly questions and advanced techniques? I've heard that getting a real time perspective into your thought process can be eye opening and helping explain something forces you to get to that next level closer to mastery. If nothing else it would be fun to meet up and see how other people approach this beast with which we all must tango. Send me a message if you're in the area or want to Skype, and I look forward to conquering this mountain together!

Best Regards,

Peter Jones

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    Peter, I live in New York, so I won't be able to meet up but you are more than welcome to join our Blind Review groups. Tonight we are blind review PT 69 at 8pm Eastern. The thread is on the front page of the forum. The link to the call is in the thread.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    I'd be interested in this. What times/days were you thinking? What range are you scoring in and what is your target score?
  • peteyj42peteyj42 Free Trial Member
    67 karma
    David that sounds something I would enjoy, although I would not be able to blind review the most recent tests since I have not taken them yet.

Bruiser, haha or Ms. Woods, I was thinking either weekends or specific days that people can meet. I am shifting my focus solely to the LSAT now so I should be more flexible. As for target score, aren't we all trying to achieve mastery and get a 180? I have been scoring well and I believe this is an attainable, albeit unlikely goal. What times work for you (and for other people that discover this forum)?
    1706 karma
    I work 9-5 M-F, so weekends are much easier for me.
  • LouisLouis Alum Member
    32 karma
    I'm in the area as well and this sounds like a great idea. Weekends are probably the easiest for me, but I can make other times work as well.
    67 karma
    Excellent, hopefully more people respond as well, but it looks like we can attempt to meet on a few weekends and work through some particularly difficult problems. What practice tests have both of you taken?
  • LouisLouis Alum Member
    32 karma
    I'm just getting out of the curriculum phase, so I've only taken 2. For my diagnostic I used preptest A and I just finished Prep Test J07, but I have PT1-74 so I can do whatever you would like to go over.
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    Hey I would love to pop in on this group if it gets off the ground, hopefully I could be of some help! Anyone who is making an interest list, keep me updated!
  • KWoulf13KWoulf13 Member
    198 karma
    Definitely in for this
    67 karma
    I'm pleasantly surprised by the numerous responses and know we can be an effective review group, especially with these kind, amazing LSAT veterans by our side. Would early Saturday Afternoon in a central location work for people?
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    I'll be at at the BPL in Copley Square 12-2pm on Saturday for a tutoring session already... so if anyone else is interested in LSATing in that beautiful courtyard, I'll be there!
    67 karma
    Oh that's wonderful. Maybe we can meet up and piggyback on your group and then branch off when needed. Thank you!
    1706 karma
    I'm on PT 62; I'll be taking 63 Saturday if anyone is interested in that.
    198 karma
    I'm one behind @BruiserWoods , taking 62 Saturday morning
    1706 karma
    @KWoulf13 catch up! Me and @"Ron Swanson" meet up 1x a week to BR.
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    Real life BR group is LIT
    198 karma
    @BruiserWoods @"Ron Swanson" I'm going to try to catch up but it's tough with my schedule to do multiple tests +BR every week
  • LouisLouis Alum Member
    32 karma
    Is it that important to do them in order? What is the downside to doing 62 then going back to 61?
    198 karma
    I don't think order really matters as long as you do recentish tests.
    1706 karma
    well if anyone wants to meet up with me and @"Ron Swanson" tomorrow for BR for PT 63, pm me here and I'll send you my number and we'll work it out. We meet up at Pavement on Comm Ave at BU Central.

I will also be taking the PT there before hand if anyone wanna do that too.
    edited July 2016 1650 karma
    1706 karma
    Look for this: image

then you kno u found me
    198 karma
    @BruiserWoods Great, I'll be PMing you. Out of curiosity, what time do you start your PTs? I like to do them in the peace and quiet of my apartment but I'd love to start BRing with you guys afterwards.
    1706 karma
    Well, I have accommodations, so my time doesn't match up with y'all's, but last week I started at 10:30 and me and @"Ron Swanson" met up for BR at 2:30.
    1650 karma
    Yeah, @KWoulf13, our game plan is taking the PT on our own and just being ready to BR at 2:30. We like to take the PT then BR immediately, but if you took the test tonight then just met with us tomorrow that's cool too
    198 karma
    @BruiserWoods @"Ron Swanson" Awesome, I'm going to pass on this week for the BR as I already have plans but next week you'll both be on 64 right? I'll join you for good starting then. When you BR do you do the whole thing? Normally it takes me several days to BR a whole test.
    1650 karma
    @KWoulf13

Sounds good. We go through each question and compare our answers. If we disagree, we work through the question, discuss the ACs, then decide individually whether to change our answers based on our discussion (sometimes we agree to disagree!)

We also stop to go over any question either of us marked for BR. We've done this twice and I'd guess our BR session is about 90minutes-2 hours.
    1650 karma
    @peteyj42 Kick off is going to be closer to 2:45 today, heads up
    67 karma
    Perfect, now I can grab lunch between events. Thanks for the heads up @"Ron Swanson"