Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For October test just 100 days left really panic

JSJS Free Trial Member
edited June 2013 in October 2013 LSAT 184 karma
I feel great pressure and can't even sleep well at night. My aim is above 170 and now I am around actual 155, BR 165. Can I really reach my goal on the test day? I really doubt about that and feel hopeless. I spend all day long to study LSAT alone but efficiency is really low. OMG.

Comments

• The_RiseThe_Rise Alum Member
    283 karma
    i feel the same way. just continue reviewing properly and thats all you really can do. i actually made a pretty similar post as well.
  • CJ ShinCJ Shin Free Trial Member
    edited June 2013 302 karma
    Your input/output ratio will be low if you are just starting off.
    Don't be discouraged though.
    Remember, LSAT is skill-based test!
    It's like playing a guitar or lifting.

I started off with low 150 and took about 2 months and 20+ PTs to break the 165.
    I hit 170 several times and can say that I am comfortably within the 165+ range now.

Just remember to be patient with yourself, and be consistent.
  • JSJS Free Trial Member
    184 karma
    CJ, I have to say your advice helps me. I plan to finish the course as soon as possible and start doing the PT test.
  • JSJS Free Trial Member
    184 karma
    Kyuya, how is going right now?
    283 karma
    It is going good, I love this course. I am about 20% through, I feel like my LR has improved a lot and I love the idea of BR. I want to get through the course, but I realize flying through the course without understanding all of it is useless. Make sure not to do this, and try not to panic. I feel the same way about time absolutely flying by, trust me!
  • JSJS Free Trial Member
    184 karma
    I am about 30% right now and maybe we can have a little competition here, like study buddy :D
    I believe as soon as you finish course and begin to do the PT, your score will make lots of progress.
    283 karma
    I would be willing to be study buddy but my diagnostic was not very good. if this doesn't bother you then ok lets do it
  • JosephHawkins1776JosephHawkins1776 Free Trial Member
    27 karma
    I like what you guys are saying. We can do this. Step by step. Consistency is the key to success. I'm taking it in Oct also.
  • JSJS Free Trial Member
    184 karma
    Kyuya, I plan to finish the courses first. How is your plan? Maybe first we can see who finish the course first :D
  • JSJS Free Trial Member
    184 karma
    Joseph, sure we can. I believe it!
    283 karma
    I am at 30% now justin, should we just let eachother know when we are through with the course?
  • JSJS Free Trial Member
    184 karma
    yeah, sure. Here is my recent schedule. I plan to finish all the question at Week 4.

Week 2 - Monday, June 17, 2013 30h
    Strengthening Questions 21 lessons, 3.4h
    Validity and Must Be True Questions 11 lessons, 51m
    Some and Most Relationships 27 lessons, 2.1h
    Sufficient Assumption & Pseudo Sufficient Assumption Questions 28 lessons, 3.9h
    Introduction to Reading Comprehension 23 lessons, 4.9h
    More MBT and Must Be False Questions 20 lessons, 3.5h
    Harder SA & PSA & Strengthen Questions 8 lessons, 50m
    More Reading Comprehension 17 lessons, 3.2h
    Introduction to Logic Games & Sequencing Games 32 lessons, 7.5h

Week 3 - Monday, June 24, 2013 31h
    Argument Part Questions 11 lessons, 1.4h
    Method of Reasoning Questions 17 lessons, 2.9h
    Principle Questions 3 lessons, 13m
    Parallel Method of Reasoning Questions 13 lessons, 1.9h
    Advanced Logic 15 lessons, 1.8h
    Harder Must Be True Questions 5 lessons, 42m
    Sequencing Games with a Twist 20 lessons, 5.1h
    Invalid Argument Forms 15 lessons, 1.9h
    Flaw-Descriptive Weakening Questions 37 lessons, 5.9h
    Parallel Flaw Questions 14 lessons, 1.9h
    Introduction to Grouping Games: The In-Out Games 33 lessons, 7.7h

Week 4 - Monday, July 1, 2013 36h
    Hard Reading Comprehension 16 lessons, 3.1h
    Grouping Games 15 lessons, 4.4h
    Grouping Games with a Chart 8 lessons, 1.3h
    Grouping and Sequencing Games 11 lessons, 2.1h
    Necessary Assumption Questions 41 lessons, 7.5h
    Resolve-Reconcile-Explain Questions 17 lessons, 2.8h
    Point at Issue: Agree & Disagree Questions 13 lessons, 2.3h
    Resources for Taking Simulated LSATs 7 lessons, 29m
    LSAT PrepTest 36, December 2001 2 lessons, 12h
    283 karma
    Okay sounds good! Let me know with a P.M. and I will do the same.
  • JSJS Free Trial Member
    184 karma
    Sure, Kyuya, I plan to do More Reading Comprehension 3.2h and ntroduction to Logic Games & Sequencing Games 32 lessons, 7.5h tomorrow. It's actually a lot. Hope I can finish that.
  • DDDD Free Trial Member
    71 karma
    @JS

Hey, I am feeling the same way. I feel great pressure and I am overwhelmed with discouragement. I desire to do so well and I am so stressed. I am feeling somewhat hopeless. I pray tomorrow will be a better day of studying for me.
    283 karma
    Hey DD don't feel so bad - I feel the exact same way. I feel like its natural when you really care about something, but at the very worst scenario we could write in december. that gives another 5-6 months if you think of it like that. thats not to say to relax now, but realize its not the end of the world if october came and you weren't ready to write.

that being said, how far along are you? i feel constantly behind but i feel like thats just me being neurotic
  • JSJS Free Trial Member
    184 karma
    Hey, you guys how is going about the course. I can finish that this week and start do the pretest.
  • JSJS Free Trial Member
    184 karma
    @DD, @kyuya
  • DDDD Free Trial Member
    edited July 2013 71 karma
    @JS I had a family set back for about 2 weeks and that really put me behind so I'm not close to finishing the course yet :/ and I'm working on not feeling down about my delayed progress. Thanks so much for asking and @kyuya thanks so much for your encouragement to my earlier post :)
    283 karma
    @DD no problem, you'll be fine
  • JSJS Free Trial Member
    184 karma
    @DD, you can do it. I will start doing PT test on July 21, If you finish the course you can join us.