Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Useful to practice LR questions from PrepTest 1-20?

Jason ZhangJason Zhang Alum Member
edited June 2014 in Logical Reasoning 11 karma
I've been using a book classifying LR questions from PrepTest 1-20 into different types but found the questions in it are a bit tough and different from recent LR questions. Is it still useful to get practice from these questions? I mean, by how much?

Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Jason ZhangJason Zhang Alum Member
    11 karma
    Thank you so much for telling me the importance of old LG games, and the most thrilling LG questions will be those I have no experience dealing with before..

What about the old logical reasoning questions, especially those from PrepTests 1-20?
  • Will EdwardsWill Edwards Alum Member Inactive Sage
    175 karma
    While the older LR questions may be a little different (or hey, maybe very different), you will still be practicing the same skills needed to answer later LR questions. You are practicing your ability to quickly read and parse English, identify argument structure and validity, identify assumptions and weaknesses and recognize correct answer choices. These skills will transfer no matter how the question is structured. And if they are harder for you, then that's great really. Better to train harder than you will be tested.
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    Jason,

I recently started drilling on old LR sections from PT 1-35 and I find it really useful. On weekends I do timed full PTs from 36-Now. On weeknights, I drill on old games and old LR. It helps with familiarity and keeps me sharp. I've noticed small, incremental increases in my average LR and LG sections on new tests and I think those increases are the result of both taking more and more new tests on weekends AND drilling on old sections on weeknights.

I'm disinclined to remove one variable from the equation to see if my average stabilizes...because I want as much study time as I can get. That said, I do **feel** like the weeknight study of old LR sections is helping on the weekends.
    -Joe
  • Jason ZhangJason Zhang Alum Member
    11 karma
    Hi Joe,

I just read this reply. I've been practicing older LGs and they've been helpful. I do think I have to start drilling older LR questions to get more practice.

Thanks,

Jason
  • SoCal JaporeanSoCal Japorean Free Trial Member
    147 karma
    If you have time to drill, then do all of them. It builds experience and familiarity. I do think that the answers are much more clear cut in 1-20 than in 60-70. I think that most of the "difficulty" is that the old PT's use language more formally than the newer PT's.

-Just my 2 cents
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    They are excellent for developing and drilling the core skills that you would use in LR