Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Necessary condition.

LsatbreakingnewsLsatbreakingnews Alum Member
edited July 2016 in General 392 karma
Hi guys so I have noticed while going through the SA and PSA questions that the answer choice must have the conclusion in the necessary condition. This is very important for me as I often miss answers because of this. Can anyone expand on the theory and understanding behind this and why it occurs. That would help me out a lot. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    From my understanding, it is because we are trying to reach the conclusion from the premises.

In the curriculum, j.y teaches the formula, P->C, if premise, then conclusion. Our task for SA and PSA assumption is to guarantee the argument, and we do that by showing that the premises lead to the conclusion.
  • quinnxzhangquinnxzhang Member
    edited July 2016 611 karma
    @Euthyphro said:
    I have noticed while going through the SA and PSA questions that the answer choice must have the conclusion in the necessary condition.
    This isn't true. I semi-randomly looked at three recent SA questions -- 77.4.24, 77.4.20, and 76.2.22 -- and none of the correct answer choices even mentioned the conclusions of the arguments.
  • leejayleeleejaylee Alum Member
    218 karma
    @quinnxzhang => This is correct!
    Don't ever assume on the LSAT that something like a conclusion has to be in an answer choices as true. It does not have to include a conclusion for assumption questions. It can be premises, a random fact, something that makes the conclusion valid.