Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has there ever been a logic games section where only linear games have been present?

combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
edited July 2016 in General 652 karma
Has this ever happened? Also, how frequent are combination games ?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    I haven’t seen all the games yet, but I feel highly confident in answering definitely not. Combo games seem to come up fairly frequently. I think they’re becoming suspicious that we’re on to them, so plan for at least one game that’s at least kinda weird. After December 2015, I’ll take a combo game all day long!
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    Several of your questions have centered on the frequency/appearance of various types of games. Although not up to date as far as the most recent tests are concerned, the link below from powerscore's website gives a pretty fair (and in my estimation pretty representative) breakdown of the frequency of games by type that is entirely applicable to contemporary tests (plus or minus an infamous "weird" game here or there: PT 72 G 4, Pt 77 G 3.) I hope it helps.

https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/game_types.cfm

To answer the specific question above, I am not aware of a game section that only tested linear games. The three sections I have never looked at are PT 76, PT 78 and PT B.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    That chart from @David3389 is awesome... And before I began studying, I ordered all the PT 1-75 in pdf format. When the tests were printing, I looked over ever LG section because I sucked and was terrified of miscellaneous game.
    Anyways, no there was never a section with all 4 games being straight up linear. Trust me, I was looking for them too, haha. The good news is after using the 7Sage fool-proof method, even the harder games feel like linear games after a while. And again, trust me, because this time 2 months ago I was going -18 on logic games. Now I am down to about -4. :)
    8689 karma
    @"Alex Divine" that's incredible and admirable progress. Keep up the great work and don't hesitate to reach out if a particular game is giving you difficulty. I have done about 850 total games and am really zeroing in on getting that coveted -0 on LG come test day :) It is possible to learn something new and useful about games every day.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @David3389 Thank you, Brother! I may have to take you up on that offer. 850 games! Now that is admirable and incredible if you ask me... I've just been making sure to consistently be practicing them using the fool proof method! It took a long, long, long time for games to "click", but once they did it has been a continuous cycle of my confidence increasing my progress and my progress increasing my confidence. Here to -0 on LGs on test day :) Oh, and I totally agree that there is something new and useful to learn about LGs everyday. And sometimes it is even, dare I say, Fun!?
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    I highly doubt it. In every LG section that I have done, there has been a combination of different game types and set-ups.
    They would be making it far too easy if they simply included 4 linear games in the LG section. LSAC doesn't like us that much.
  • combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
    652 karma
    Thank you! I'm not uncomfortable with most Grouping Games but with that said, I still prefer linear games. Combination Games are still somewhat foreign for me
  • Matthew524Matthew524 Member
    651 karma
    @combsni Preptest 30 is all linear games, some are with a twist but all are linear! I just found this out yesterday when i took it and was really amazed
    8689 karma
    @matthew524 PT 30 Game 1 is right on the border of what I wouldn't consider a linear game. There really is no significance to the actual order the items could be in. Games 2, 3 and 4 are definitely linear in nature. The game could be approach with a linear setup to keep track of the number of deliveries, but it appears to me to more or less an in and out game? Not quite sure, would be curious how others see this.
  • combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
    652 karma
    That's really interesting
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @David3389 Yeah I kind of agree with how you classify them. I guess technically they are all linear-esque.
  • Matthew524Matthew524 Member
    edited August 2016 651 karma
    @david3389 i set them up as all linear games and managed to get them all correct when I took the PT. Depends on personal preference I guess. I set game one as a double sequence linear game. Game 2,3, and 4 were all linear with game 3 as a double level sequencing game. Game 1 to me would be difficult for me to do as an in out game.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @Matthew524 That makes sense! I only looked at the quickly, and don't think I've done them all yet. I can definitely see how you did game 1 as a double layer sequencing. I guess you're right and sometimes it is personal preference.