Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT 60 difficulty?

mrico145mrico145 Alum Member
edited August 2016 in General 38 karma
Hi guys,

Just wanted to see if anybody else had problems with PT 60? I scored a few points lower than usual with this one compared to other PTs...had extra trouble with LR for some reason. Is this a trend I'll see for the rest of the 60's tests? Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks

Comments

• kraft.phillipkraft.phillip Free Trial Member Inactive Sage
    444 karma
    I had to double check, but I did not find PT 60 to be especially hard in the LR sections. I only missed one LR question, and 7sage reports them as "medium" LR sections. Pt 59, however, gave me a lot of trouble in the first LR section. I did, however, have trouble with the RC in PT 60. I'd look into environmental factors; where did you take the test, what did you eat, etc. Also, if you'd like me to explain any of the questions from the LR from pt 60 to you, I can certainly do that! Here's my review of PT 60 so far: http://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/2colr0/pt_60_review/

Good luck!
  • GraceloverGracelover Alum Member
    440 karma
    I have not done PT 60 yet, but I have already heard that it is a hard PT for a lot of people. So it's not just you. I took PT 57 a couple of days ago and the LR kicked my butt!!! So just BR the LR to death for PT 60! It will help you to come up with strategies for kicking ass on the real thing if you ever get a hard LR section...I Think the key is to not panic and to let go of more questions than you normally would, in other words, not giving them as much time as you would with a PT with a less amount of hard LR questions...
  • mrico145mrico145 Alum Member
    38 karma
    Thanks that was a helpful post!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    310 karma
    nah it was a pretty standard PT nothing was difficult

Now if you have been only practicing with material from PT 35 and below and maybe including a little material from Pts in the 40s then yeah PT 60 would be difficult. The newer PTs RC is very different and LR will have some new question types or variances of past questions. You'll see less of the two person dialogue questions. Less reliance on conditional reasoning as well.
  • elicialane-1elicialane-1 Alum Member
    3 karma
    I took PT 57 a few days ago as well and really struggled on the LR sections. I felt completely defeated when I scored a full five points below my average and way below my goal score for the September test. Glad to hear I'm not alone. Will probably get to PT 60 this week. Thanks all for the posts!!!
  • GraceloverGracelover Alum Member
    440 karma
    Eek! I took PT 61 today and experienced a 9 point drop! Lowest score I got since....March? I don't want to go through that again...Has anyone gone through this and recovered? Are the mid PT 60's or PT 70's a little better? What are strategies you guys have developed to climb back up again for the more recent tests? Ga...How discouraging...
  • serendipityserendipity Alum Member
    edited December 2014 42 karma
    Edit
  • jsumlin23jsumlin23 Alum Member
    66 karma
    Glad I'm not the only one. It was by far the hardest test I've seen
  • clay7760308clay7760308 Alum Member
    23 karma
    I took PT 60 today and got a 170. It's my first 170+ score, so I'm very happy. Not sure I noticed anything too different on this test. Same old types of questions, just more emphasis on assumption type questions. Anyway, if there is something different, I hope it stays there for the next 12, because this test was very nice for me!