Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hopefully someone out there finds this inspirational

davidbt1996davidbt1996 Alum Member
in General 36 karma
I decided to take this course for the summer. I began with a diagnostic of 147, and I studied for 6 hours a day 6 days a week. Today, I scored a 168! I want to thank the whole community here for making studying such a fun experience, and ESPECIALLY JY for being an incredible teacher. I am not exceptionally smart, nor am I exceptionally gifted, but I work hard. I really believe that if I can do it, anybody with ambition can too! Thank you, thank you, thank you 7sage for being so incredible!

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @davidtye96 said:
    I am not exceptionally smart, nor am I exceptionally gifted, but I work hard.
    Thissssssss....good for you man that's incredible!!!
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Congratualtions!!! Keep up the good work!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@davidtye96 Whoa! It is always so wonderful and inspirational to see hard work paying off---Congrats! That is a 21 point increase :) I think this is proof you ARE smart and exceptionally hard working. Thank you for sharing... Now I am motivated as heck to step my game up and get me a 21 point increase
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Alum Member
    1762 karma
    Beautiful. Keep up the hard work!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma
    Nicely done! With a little tenacity, we can beat this thing!
  • stefan mstefan m Alum Member
    11 karma
    Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, which version of the course did you get?
  • Damion ADamion A Member
    29 karma
    @davidbt1996 This is great to hear. I am an active Duty Marine currently deployed. I am studying during deployment and intending to take the 03 December LSAT once I return home. So far, I have averaged 3-5 hours per day. My initially PT was a 145, which I took during deployment conditions cold. My goal is to score a 170+ and attend Harvard Law School next August when I separate from service. It is just refreshing to read someone doing what I intend to do. Did you just go through the course work? What did your typical study session look like? Great work and I look forward to hearing your strategy.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Posts like these are very impactful. Thank you for sharing with everyone. It's people like you who help make a difference for many doubting whether they can achieve similar goals. And most importantly, congratulations!
  • LSAT StudentLSAT Student Alum Member
    156 karma
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work. Congratulations!
  • davidbt1996davidbt1996 Alum Member
    36 karma
    @"Damion A" Hey Damion! Yeah, I just went straight through the course work in the order that it appeared. I thought the flow of the lessons was organized very well, so I didn't see any need to switch around. After I went through the entire curriculum once, I turned my attention solely to the logic games (these gave me the most trouble). For the last month of studying, I learned one logic game a day and completely memorized the inferences. For me, this was the best way to get them down. As for a regular day of studying, I chose 9am-3pm Monday through Saturday, but of course different schedules can be just as effective. If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask! I wish you the best of luck in getting into Harvard, and thanks for your service!
  • Damion ADamion A Member
    29 karma
    @davidbt1996 said:
    @"Damion A" Hey Damion! Yeah, I just went straight through the course work in the order that it appeared. I thought the flow of the lessons was organized very well, so I didn't see any need to switch around. After I went through the entire curriculum once, I turned my attention solely to the logic games (these gave me the most trouble). For the last month of studying, I learned one logic game a day and completely memorized the inferences. For me, this was the best way to get them down. As for a regular day of studying, I chose 9am-3pm Monday through Saturday, but of course different schedules can be just as effective. If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask! I wish you the best of luck in getting into Harvard, and thanks for your service!
    Thank you for the follow up @davidbt1996! I appreciate it! Where are you intending to study law at? Did you do any supplementation with the PowerScore Bibles? I've recently been going back and forth. I have just started the 7Sage program, so this may not be a completely accurate statement yet, but I feel as if the PowerScore Bibles go into more detail about some aspect than 7Sage thus far. It seems to fly by the actual material and techniques and jump straight into games, as opposed to spelling things out, but once again, I am only in the first week of the curriculum. What are your thoughts?
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Damion A" I don't think you should go back and forth with material as this will cause more harm(confusion) than good. I personally believe 7sage has way better strategies than powerscore (I've studied with PS for 2 months). Finish the 7sage curriculum and if you feel you need a different approach or perspective, I'd consider reading the LSAT Trainer.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    Congratulations! Take a moment to savor your achievement before diving right back into it!
  • davidbt1996davidbt1996 Alum Member
    36 karma
    @"Damion A" Duke is my dream school! I'll also apply to others, but Duke is definitely at the top of my list! As for the PowerScore Bibles, I did not use them for supplementation. I have to agree with @montaha.rizeq that the best approach is to finish the 7sage curriculum and then see if you still feel the need to go in a different direction :)
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Great job!! Keep it up. :D You're doing amazing. Don't give all the credit to J.Y., though. Yeah, he's an amazing teacher, but YOU put in the hard work. YOU did this!
  • Saldamando150Saldamando150 Member
    89 karma
    Hey thank you for sharing this. My diagnostic was a 155 and I am getting discouraged since the last two PTs I took were both 155 as well, doesn't seem to be improving.. Great job on that awesome score!