Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stuck at a studying crossroads, don't know what to do.

psbrathwaitepsbrathwaite Member
edited August 2014 in General 207 karma
My parents paid for me to take a testmaster's course on my campus, and I was already going through the 7sage curriculum beforehand. Now, I'm going to the classes and unfortunately am JUST getting started on their homework (sept 27 lsat), but I'm realizing in the class that in my oinion ,the way they teach me logic games is terrible. Even the instructor I have didn't do the games the way he teaches it through testmasters. Would it be a bad or a less beneficial idea to continue using testmasters for logical reasoning and reading comp and use 7sage for logic games? Or should I just brute force it all out with testmasters now?

I apologize for talking about another program here, by the way.

If I'd do the LG with 7sage, i'd probably ask my instructor if it's okay for me to be excused from class every time we get to the LG section of class ( that way I don't waste my time or mess up my studying process).

Additionally, if I used 7sage for logic games, would you recommend finishing the logic games curriculum and then getting the logic games bundle and doing as many of those as I can, over and over?

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling screwed right now.

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    I took TM...twice. It was horrible. Nothing is better than 7sage. Stick with this curriculum.
    edited August 2014 3658 karma
    And no... don't intermix the two courses. I'm keenly aware of TM's methodology as well as 7Sage's. You'll only confuse yourself by trying to do both concurrently.
  • psbrathwaitepsbrathwaite Member
    207 karma
    So you suggest just...stop going to class?? I could hide it from my parents, who spent a thousand dollars on this course.
    3658 karma
    Your parents ultimately want you to do well. They aren't going to be to concern with your means versus your ultimate end. I'm sure you and your parents have the same end in mine. You have a better idea of achieving those ends than they do. It's up to you.
    3658 karma
    You know what absolutely sucks about TM's model? You get all these books filled with an incredible amount of "real" questions from "real" LSATs...which they are. You know what the problem is? You'll never have 100 questions of the same question type and you've just wasted several possible PT's to help you acclimate to test-taking conditions. Bad, bad, bad.
    207 karma
    So would you think extending the curriculum for another month, continuing and finishing the 7sage curriculum, and then maybe buying the logic games bundle and practicing that? My test is sept 27.....damn.!
    207 karma
    I agree with your statement about the questions, they basically give me like 100 " type whatever" questions in a row. then move on to the next.
    3658 karma
    I'm saying whatever you choose, choose one. I've done both and I know what works for me. Also, a lot of people on 7sage have tried other methods and have come to the same conclusion: 7sage is the best course out there.
  • RiemannZRiemannZ Alum Member
    20 karma
    I would say Do Both. Essentially, logic is logic. It's the same. But, you may learn from different approaches. Looking from different perspectives, getting confused, and finally realizing the similarity that lies in the crux of all approaches is an important step in my learning experience.
    edited August 2014 3658 karma
    Then RiemannZ you are the atypical exception. I would not recommend this path.
    207 karma
    I see. Thanks...if anyone else has input, thank you.
  • sacumminsacummin Free Trial Member
    7 karma
    i did test masters so far I've gone from a 150 to 165 on practice test s but I'm still bombing reading comprehension. my logic games are perfect though if that helps? make sure you take advantage of the hour early that instructors come to help with problems and bring problems you got wrong every single time
  • lsathopefullsathopeful Alum Member
    263 karma
    "make sure you take advantage of the hour early that instructors come to help with problems and bring problems you got wrong every single time"

100% agree @sacummin
    207 karma
    My instructor comes in like 5 minutes before class starts. weird!
  • losenriq93losenriq93 Alum Member
    5 karma
    I did TM about a year ago. The only thing I got out of it was a few basics for logic games. In my opinion the amount that they charge and the amount of time the course is for, doesn't make sense. For some people, TM works and for others 7Sage proves to be better. If you're concerned about already had paid the course, I would suggest to stick with it as extra practice. No one teaches the fundamentals of logic and simple grammar needed to successfully over come the LSAT. 7Sage has done that for me. Although I struggle at times, that only causes me to be more determined. TM would make me feel like an idiot if I wasn't full comprehending their material.
    3658 karma
    That's odd. The teacher is required to be there at least an hour before class starts.