Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Highest PT score to-date!!!!

TheLoftGuyTheLoftGuy Alum Member
edited August 2016 in General 690 karma
OK so. I have been testing using older PTs and score has been ranging from 158-163. I wasn't sure if I would get anywhere in that range on the new PTs. So this morning I took PT 70 using the Proctor feature of 7Sage. And to my surprise I actually score much higher, 174.

IMO the newer exam questions were much easier or was my increase due to this product being AMAZING (I'd like to hope that it's both). Did anyone else find the newer exam questions to be less difficult? Did you see an increase in score between the older vs new exams? Was this luck? I can barely breathe from excitement but I don't want to get my hopes up if this was a whim.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Nice! Most people actually see a decrease in the 70s series PTs, so looks like you’re avoiding some of the more contemporary traps. I definitely don’t think it was luck, but it’s such a big jump, I do think it’s possible it’s an outlier. The real test of your LSAT level is the average of your last 5 PTs. Obviously, when you make significant improvements and jumps, it may take a few PTs before your average makes the jump. Doing averages smooths out any outliers. This is painful when you score great, but you’ll be much more receptive when you bomb one, lol.

So just keep at it, and bring your average up. Don’t get complacent. For now though, enjoy the moment!
  • charleyv7charleyv7 Alum Member
    6 karma
    Fantastic!
  • 51 karma
    Wow, that is very impressive. I too have found a jump when I moved to newer tests. I have found the jump was mainly in LR/LG. I think that is because the curriculum and the books I've read have trained me better for the newer sections, I didn't get tripped up on weird games or outdated question types. Regardless, that is a great PT score and you should be very proud. Keep at it!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    I knew you could do it :)
  • lenelson2lenelson2 Member
    523 karma
    Congrats!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Awesome! @TheLoftGuy Be happy and celebrate such an awesome score! Let that momentum carry you to killing the next one! :D

I think @"Cant Get Right" is right that it is not luck. Could be an outlier, but either way, you don't score a 174 with luck. I think it is 7Sage and your hard work! I've been seeing some awesome score increases since I've been using 7Sage as well. Plus you can't underestimate the positivity of this forum. Again, nice job!
  • TheLoftGuyTheLoftGuy Alum Member
    690 karma
    Everybody that I've spoken to on here has been nothing but positive and encouraging. I plan to stick to my study regiment of 30 hours a week and test on Saturday. What has helped me is being able to identify the conclusion and actually being able to separate it from the premise.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @TheLoftGuy You are the man! I study about 30 hours a week and work, so it is certainly doable. Just be sure to take breaks when you need them to stave off burnout.

Congrats again on killing that PT. Let us know how you fare with your next test :D
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    congrats!! your case is definitely unique compared to other peoples' experience with the newer PTs. Hope this pattern continues
  • Grey WardenGrey Warden Alum Member
    813 karma
    This is great, congratulations :)
  • Dark Knight VDark Knight V Member
    194 karma
    Congrats!
  • Sean_333Sean_333 Member
    48 karma
    That's awesome man! Keep up the good work and test day will be a breeze!
  • Darth JuristDarth Jurist Member
    edited August 2016 453 karma
    @TheLoftGuy said:
    Did anyone else find the newer exam questions to be less difficult?
    I have found PTs in the 60s and 70s to be way easier, as well. Something about the language they use in 1-40 does no seem to jive well with me. On average, I am about 10 points higher on the newer PTs compared to the average of the older ones. Congrats on your amazing progress btw!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Darth Jurist" said:
    I have found PTs in the 60s and 70s to be way easier, as well. Something about the language they use in 1-40 does no seem to jive well with me. On average, I am about 10 points higher on the newer PTs compared to the average of the older ones. Congrats on your amazing progress btw!

I haven't seen too many of the newer questions, but I think the LR seems to jive better with me as well. At least from the few sections I have seen in the 60s :)
  • TheLoftGuyTheLoftGuy Alum Member
    690 karma
    I have exams1-78 and in comparing the questions the newer exams are structure differently. IG that's what's making the difference
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited August 2016 11542 karma
    @TheLoftGuy said:
    I have exams1-78
    Legit
  • 7SageKindness7SageKindness Alum Member
    edited August 2016 58 karma
    I'm really happy for you brother! @TheLoftGuy Keep up the good work. You're a good role model for others.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    That's insane!! Congrats!!
  • Darth JuristDarth Jurist Member
    453 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    I haven't seen too many of the newer questions, but I think the LR seems to jive better with me as well. At least from the few sections I have seen in the 60s :)
    Something about those 1990s era LSATs in particular are so weird. I definitely have a hard time understanding them. That, and everything else that came from the 90s... :P
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Hey @"Darth Jurist" , the 90's were awesome. Awesome to the max.