Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any tips on identifying the experimental section on LSAT?

MikeRossMikeRoss Member
in General 21 karma
Any advice on identifying the experimental section on upcoming LSAT with ease..

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited August 2016 11542 karma
    Yes: don't try to identify it.
    I wish there was any indication on which section is experimental but the truth is, trying to find out which it is will only cause damage to your test score. Your best bet is to take each section thinking it is the actual section. I've seen far too many people come out of the test saying "I bombed my score because I thought that LG section was experimental!"
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    edited August 2016 1762 karma
    I agree, dont even try to id it during the test. It's too risky.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    But after the test come online and help us id it. We tell each other what questions we remember and try to figure out what it was.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    "I bombed my score because I thought that LG section was experimental!"
    Yep. The risk just doesn't seem worth it. Even if I was 99% sure a section was experimental, I would still just recommend bitting the bullet and giving it 100%.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @MikeRoss said:
    Any advice on identifying the experimental section on upcoming LSAT with ease..
    Besides, you're Mike Ross, you got this!
  • MikeRossMikeRoss Member
    21 karma
    Thank you everyone for your honest input! I hope MikeRoss kicks in during the LSAT
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    No. No need for even trying to figure out what the experimental section is during the test.
  • quinnxzhangquinnxzhang Member
    edited August 2016 611 karma
    If there were a way to figure it out, there would be no point in having an experimental section.

That said, statistically speaking, the scored sections usually add up to 101 questions. This isn't a great indicator, though, because often there are fewer, and occasionally there are more.